Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonard mentioned in his comment here (http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13300592#13300592) that a certain detail that is superfluous in the game as it exists today is there "so that it may be used for future expansion too." I'm curious as to what the planned future expansion is. The later part of the Chinese Civil War (1945-1949) seems obvious, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something more than that (e.g., map extensions for Xinjiang and Manchuria that allow depictions of conflicts like the Ili Rebellion and Japanese conquest of Manchuria). Can either Leonard or Adam offer any insight on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would like to see a Wu Xia expansion. Yip Man vs. Cruel Japanese Karate Master in single combat for control of Foshan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not but we are first waiting for updated rules/playbook as he mentioned he is working on them.

I don't think Manchuria conquest would be interesting: does the Chinese have any chance to resist ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
rulx wrote:
Why not but we are first waiting for updated rules/playbook as he mentioned he is working on them.

I don't think Manchuria conquest would be interesting: does the Chinese have any chance to resist ?

Based on my own research for another project, I think the conquest of Manchuria was actually more challenging for the Japanese than is popularly perceived in the West, but in any event I was really picturing that such an expansion would ideally cover the whole 1931-1937 time period (thus the fighting in Jehol, Chahar, Suiyuan, and hypothetical further Japanese conquests into Inner Mongolia), which would add some more depth. But it's easy for me to volunteer more work for Leonard to do! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Communist conquest of Manchuria during the Chinese Civil War would be more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I side with Wendell on this one. And updated rules first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.