Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I find myself lately subscribing to whole forums and then, if a thread does not interest me, blocking it

I've two questions for my fellow BGGers

(1) Does it harm BGG? I am wondering if so many conditions like SUBSCRIBED to this forum but BLOCKING this, this and that thread creates load in the servers (a lot of it, maybe?)

(2) Would it work? Would it actually keep me subscribed to the whole forum (like forum for King of Tokyo) while not showing me that specific thread?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Javi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) No.

(2) Yes.

If you click on [Forums »] in the Forums section of a game page, you get to the individual forums of the game. There, you can subscribe to (or block) some of the forums instead of all of them. For example, you might only want News and Rules, or you might not want Reviews since you already bought the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to subscribe to replies either, which it sounds like you are if you're blocking them?

Subscribing to threads you like after you read them is probably easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

My workflow is this: I subscribe to a whole game, let's say, Bora Bora. Then, if I do not like the thread, for whatever reason, I block it.

How do you do if not in order to get heads-up of any new post in a game like Bora Bora?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you subscribe to the whole game (at the top of the game page), you also subscribe to images, videos, files, and blogs. Maybe more or fewer things according to your default settings. Set the defaults in My Geek / Subscriptions / Preferences. Once you subscribe, then you can click on to the right of Unsubscribe then click on Edit Subscription to edit preferences for just this one game. (This general method works for most subscriptions: subscribe, , Edit Subscription.)

You may also go down to the forums section, as I described above. If you subscribe to the game, then the useful thing is to block forums you don't want.

I think the standard setting is for subscriptions to only alert you to new threads, so if you don't subscribe or reply to the thread, it will not appear again. You can change this in preferences.

I may be going into too much detail. The easy way is to subscribe to the game, and if something becomes annoying, block it.

There is no "wrong." But, there are very many "corrects."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note.

If you do not subscribe to a thread for a game. Then when you close it you will not see it again when new posts are made.

IE: You are subscribed to the game Bora Bora. Someone posts a thread about how they solved it. You think they are a moron and dont want to see followup posts in the thread. Just close it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.