darryl mcdonald
msg tools
WE played the first scenario and it seemed to easy. The zombie henchmen card allows you to have more than 1 henchmen at a location and increases the chance opportunity to close a location. Maybe the five of us were lucky but it was way easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Zombie henchmen don't make the scenario harder, they just add some flavor to it. Habe's Sanitorium can be a difficult location if you don't have a high wisdom character for it though, and the villain can be annoying for characters who have to discard/recharge cards in combat if you get unlucky with the mirror image.
But I agree it isn't a difficult scenario compared to some of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We beat it with one card in the blessing deck...
2 character: Seoni and Harsk. No zombie Henchmen (other than a trap that summoned one) so we didn't get to experience that effect...but yeah the villain forced us to clear through all cards in one location... Unaware of the Villains ability, Seoni used Augury to push monsters to the bottom
Harsk failed (by one) on a temp close of the sanatorium, which also had a Siren which made that a tough location... Villain ended up there and we were sweating with one card in the blessing deck, and 3 cards (villain, siren and ??) in the sanatorium.
Harsk is now 1d4+2 for his ranged assistance power...nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First play of scenario 1 we completely missed the zombie rule. Second play was, as you mention, quite a bit easier. Much faster to close locations when they have multiple henchmen in them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And third play we wound with one open location left with one zombie henchman and the villain. So we kept drawing the zombie, then having to reshuffle it back in. I have no idea that is the ordering of things is supposed to work though! We still eventually got to the villain with plenty of time left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you had at least 3 characters? I might have to replay this with our 2 characters, but change up the order of the Henchmen to include at least one of these zombies in the locations...just to see how it plays out - it sounds interesting and frustrating at the same time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.