17 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Sounds like Quarriors meets Overpower!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Fatman
msg tools
mb
I don't know how many play(s,ed) Overpower but it was one of my favorite child hood games. The idea of building a team of dice sounds awesome, and honestly I have missed a reasonably price "CCG".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not play Overpower so I can speak on that front however I play Quarriors! and should Marvel Dice Masters be on par with it, we will have a hit on our hands.

From my understanding they will also be releasing a DC edition and if you are like me we can only hope we are able to mix the two together and have some great team ups/battles.

Without pulling the cart before the horse I will wait and see what Marvel Dice Masters holds and without a doubt I will be picking up a starter and one case of boosters. As for the cost? You are looking at $15 for the starter and $60 for a case of booster packs (cheaper if you purchase them on-line.)

Like I said before, IF this is anywhere as good as Quarriors! we are in for a treat. I have also played The Lord of the Rings dice game that is like Quarriors! and while it did not play as smooth (plays way better now that we have clear rules) I have to say I have high expectations for this title. It does not have to be ground braking, by all means no, just keep with the simple Quarriors! formula and add a little super hero action and Bam! I will be very happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine that the Marvel game will be pretty Legendary, while the DC one will have some generic name like 'DC Dice Builder'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
I imagine that the Marvel game will be pretty Legendary, while the DC one will have some generic name like 'DC Dice Builder'

I see what you did there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While DC did not have a legendary name to it, my group enjoys the DC deck building game way more than the Marvel deck building game. However this may not be the time nor place to discuss this issue.

I did just preorder a starter set and a full booster box of Marvel Dice Masters. Look forward to getting this the first week of December (as long as it does not see any delays.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sierra
msg tools
Due to Joe Quesada saying quite some years ago now that we would never get any more Marvel/DC crossovers, I suspect the DC version will have a minor difference included that prevents any mixing of the two games.

This will probably carry over to any other Dice Master licensed products that they cook up too, making each of them self-contained.

(Though Amalgam dice would be nice, cos I know I'm not the only one who would buy the stuff just for Iron Lantern, Lobo the Duck, Darkclaw, Super Soldier, Thanoseid, and Doctor Strangefate)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere I read that marvel and I think yugiho(?) are compatible and can be played off against each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarriors meets Overpower is exactly what it sounds like. For me this is a case of two wrongs making an, erm, more wronger thingee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not like Quarriors! you may want to stay away from this game as it has been stated a number of times that this is from the makers of Quarriors! and just by looking at the dice you can see that Quarriors! is a heavy influence. Not trying to be rude but if you were expecting something different I say please tread very carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sierra
msg tools
abodi wrote:
Somewhere I read that marvel and I think yugiho(?) are compatible and can be played off against each other.

I don't doubt that YGO Dice Masters will be compatible with Marvel, but I really do think that they aren't going to make the DC Dice Masters (probably wont even use the name 'Dice Masters' with it, tbh) game compatible for all the legal reasons, plus Quesada's wishes that Marvel and DC remain forever apart for at least as long as he is in charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Fatman
msg tools
mb
I didn't even hope for a crossover but man that would bring back the overpower feel for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erewego wrote:
abodi wrote:

I don't doubt that YGO Dice Masters will be compatible with Marvel, but I really do think that they aren't going to make the DC Dice Masters (probably wont even use the name 'Dice Masters' with it, tbh) game compatible for all the legal reasons, plus Quesada's wishes that Marvel and DC remain forever apart for at least as long as he is in charge.

I'm sure the right amount of money/profit could persuade him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sierra
msg tools
BorisjeNL wrote:
erewego wrote:
abodi wrote:

I'm sure the right amount of money/profit could persuade him...

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Quesada has been turning down offers for another Marvel/DC crossover since the last Marvel vs DC / Amalgam crossover. That was about 16 years ago.

It's not a money issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That "decree" was for the comics, which he doesn't have much influence over anymore to begin with.

Heroclix has mixed Marvel and DC characters for years, and continues to do so, and Vs. System before that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still play OverPower and I had the same thought about this game. I cannot wait to try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the video and I thought more of a mix of Quarriors and Vs System myself. The simultaneous combat and trying to reduce a life total to zero is very Vs. As is multiple versions of a single character at multiple rarities and strength levels. The matching resources system seems to come from games like SW LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
I watched the video and I thought more of a mix of Quarriors and Vs System myself. The simultaneous combat and trying to reduce a life total to zero is very Vs. As is multiple versions of a single character at multiple rarities and strength levels. The matching resources system seems to come from games like SW LCG.

Good point. It feels like Overpower to me since you select a team of heroes, but you're right that the gameplay does sound more like Vs. Either way I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.