Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charley Eastman
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sounds like they are too similar to get both. Am I reading too much into the comments?
Your thoughts?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Jambo only plays with 2; San Juan plays 2-4. Jambo allows for direct player confrontation; San Juan does not. In Jambo, the game ends when someone reaches 30 gold (sort of); in San Juan, the game ends as soon as someone reaches 12 buildings, but whoever has the most points wins. San Juan has role selection; Jambo does not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think the games are similar. I like them both, so if you like Jambo, you might like San Juan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're totally different but both great. Get San Juan! It's awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrice Pelletier
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like other people said. Very different and very good games. We own, play and enjoy both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... the games are different, but you're all missing an angle.

If you're trying to talk a non-gamer into playing San Juan, and they like Jambo, then absolutely tell them that San Juan is just lik Jambo, only a little different.

From an outsider's view, then games are very similar. When playing Jambo I often think of San Juan. I prefer San Juan, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
generalpf wrote:
It's 60 gold, dude. Unless you use a fast-play variant. laugh

Look, I've only played it ONCE....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.