Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I really like this game and enjoy the theme better which I can share easier with others than Mr Jack.
Tha said I played Mr Jack NY with them same opponent for practically a whole day and it was one of the best gaming experiences I have had and loved it causing me to rate the game a 10. But I havent played it in a while as that player, my cousin, lives in a different state. I'm in the procces of trying to slim down my game collection and am having a hard time deciding if I should keep Mr Jack NY. Since it has been awhile that I have played it I wondered if others could help me decide. Are the two games different enough to justify keeping both? I kicked out Mr Jack vanilla and expansion to keep Mr Jack NY because I thought they were too similar and NY the superior version. In Jack NY V Phantom one major difference is the end conditions quite vary with Jack being able to escape. Are there many others is one less luck heavy than annother. Please share.

Thanks,
Jared

PS an iOS version of this game would be AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:
So I really like this game and enjoy the theme better which I can share easier with others than Mr Jack.
Tha said I played Mr Jack NY with them same opponent for practically a whole day and it was one of the best gaming experiences I have had and loved it causing me to rate the game a 10. But I havent played it in a while as that player, my cousin, lives in a different state. I'm in the procces of trying to slim down my game collection and am having a hard time deciding if I should keep Mr Jack NY. Since it has been awhile that I have played it I wondered if others could help me decide. Are the two games different enough to justify keeping both? I kicked out Mr Jack vanilla and expansion to keep Mr Jack NY because I thought they were too similar and NY the superior version. In Jack NY V Phantom one major difference is the end conditions quite vary with Jack being able to escape. Are there many others is one less luck heavy than annother. Please share.

Thanks,
Jared

PS an iOS version of this game would be AWESOME!

I think that MJNY is a better game when played with more experienced gamers, but this one is a better introduction to the game and how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine getting rid of a game I rated a 10 and one that gave me "one of my best gaming experiences ever."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.