Subject: IS THIS KIND OF GAME ANY GOOD. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curently a lot of these games are available at my usuall online shope and I wonder if they are worth having.
Lack of reviews on the geek seem to suggest the contrary.

Recently I've bought a few Vae Victus folio games and I was not impressed in a 'must have more' way, so I now wonder about these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Raine
Australia
flag msg tools
Honi soit qui mal y pense, motto of Sydney Uni Rugby Club, est. 1863
badge
General Sir John Monash, victor of Le Hamel
mbmbmbmbmb
More than a year with no response. Or maybe that is a telling response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
most likely is.

ahwell doesn't matter, I've decided I probably have enough of them hex and counter games to last me a lifetime and to buy just for the buying and owning is a bit pointless.

Having said that I could still be tempted to buy a good ACW game.
Latest 'dead of winter' was a disappointment and made me go off GMT aswell as they were not eager to send me what should have been in the game anyway, only at extra cost.

nope thanks, that sounds a bit like blackmail.
"we send you the game, but we'll keep some counters you must have and send them to you as an extra... yeah sure.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dutton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
The original Chickamauga from SPI was very highly regarded. It was was a favorite for tournaments at GenCon and Origins, because it was very well balanced.

Decision Games description indicates they've made some changes to the game system, claiming they are for the better compared to the original SPI rules. Maybe they are. I haven't played the recent version.

It is still possible to find the SPI version on eBay at decent prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.