9 Posts

Trajan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Senate Tiles at the End of Quarter Year rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjo Man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that at the End of a Quarter Year, remove "All senate tiles, no matter if they were used or not."

This obviously includes everything in the Forum, but does it also include Senate Tiles that are in Provinces and Player Mats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHRIS HALVORSON
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjo Man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thank you for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhhhh... I don't think it includes tiles in the provinces. The forum is cleared of all tiles and the provinces which have no legionaries and no generals and no tile get a new tile, but no tiles are removed from the provinces at that time. In fact, the only way to remove tiles from the provinces is to collect them by moving a general into the region.

The point made in the rule book is that players cannot choose to hold onto the voting tiles for the next round. They must spend those tiles if they have them.

EDIT:
After reading the rules again I have my doubts. It does say to remove "All senate tiles, no matter if they were used or not." a literal reading would mean that the province tiles are included.

How are people playing this, and how is this implemented on BaJ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
The general consensus is that unused senate tiles in the provinces stay.

Excellent, thanks for the links!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHRIS HALVORSON
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the last page of my rulebook it says "remove tiles and refill tiles of provinces, forum, and senate" at the end of a quarter. Has this been updated or is it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CHRISDH wrote:
On the last page of my rulebook it says "remove tiles and refill tiles of provinces, forum, and senate" at the end of a quarter. Has this been updated or is it wrong?

That is a rules summary. You remove the tiles the rules tell you to remove, and you're not told to remove the province tiles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHRIS HALVORSON
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense to leave them. It'll make the game less fiddly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.