Subject: R2-D2 in the Millennium Falcon (thematically)... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Philpot
Bahrain
Budaiya
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just my feeling, But there should have been a card that allowed R2 to be used by Han, Chewie and even Lando in the Millennium Falcon for thematic reasons. As R2 has clearly been seen fixing the Falcon (and other big ships that don't need mentioning) in times of trouble...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
commuter zombie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see crew cards happening for R2-D2 and C-3PO respectively, R2 would need a different ability though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
commuterzombie wrote:
I could see crew cards happening for R2-D2 and C-3PO respectively, R2 would need a different ability though.

Yeah, I could definitely see something like this in a future wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dj Silent Bob wrote:
Just my feeling, But there should have been a card that allowed R2 to be used by Han, Chewie and even Lando in the Millennium Falcon for thematic reasons. As R2 has clearly been seen fixing the Falcon (and other big ships that don't need mentioning) in times of trouble...

Did I miss something? Has X-wing been discontinued?

Considering there are now Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader crew cards as well as pilot cards, my guess is we'll see a lot of new upgrades in future expansion packs that include existing pilots/crew/droids in different roles. I'm looking forward to seeing Princess Leia (Organa) and the Emperor (Darth Sidious) make appearances at some point. I can't imagine that Fantasy Flight wouldn't include such iconic characters. And R2-D2 as crew seems perfectly logical as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Philpot
Bahrain
Budaiya
flag msg tools
mbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Dj Silent Bob wrote:

Did I miss something? Has X-wing been discontinued?

Considering there are now Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader crew cards as well as pilot cards, my guess is we'll see a lot of new upgrades in future expansion packs that include existing pilots/crew/droids in different roles. I'm looking forward to seeing Princess Leia (Organa) and the Emperor (Darth Sidious) make appearances at some point. I can't imagine that Fantasy Flight wouldn't include such iconic characters. And R2-D2 as crew seems perfectly logical as well.

I guess I meant within the Millennium Falcon Pack that is already out. Sorry for my slight ambiguity that you happened to pick up on.

Another crew member that would be cool in the future is 'Old Ben' with an ability to cloak of some sort (i.e. this is not the ship you are target locking... Move along) unless up against Darth that is .... *Spelling... Check.... *Ambiguity... Unsure???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woodworth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
commuterzombie wrote:
R2 would need a different ability though.

R2, 3CPO, and other droids as crew I could see. But yeah it would have to be a different ability on R2, letting the falcon regen shields could be somewhat broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been some fun Threepio ideas kicking around here. The most interesting one I saw was along the lines of:

Crew
Threepio
Cost: 4
You may add the Astromech icon to your upgrade bar.

That way you'd just use the same astromech cards, but he'd be expensive enough to make you consider if its worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lando
msg tools
Ben Kenobi
Crew
5pts

At the beginning of the activation phase, choose 1 enemy ship within range 1-2. You may choose one action available to that ship during their action phase.

And for lols

Ben Kenobi
Crew
1pt

During the activation phase, you may say the words "That's not a moon... That's a space station" and perform a (red)0 [Square] maneuver instead of the maneuver selected on your dial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
nimdabew wrote:
Ben Kenobi
Crew
5pts

At the beginning of the activation phase, choose 1 enemy ship within range 1-2. You may choose one action available to that ship during their action phase.

Assuming I understand your intent, that's really interesting but probably hard to balance. Even with existing stuff, he could "really" be worth 1 point (the MF title) or 4 points (Engine Upgrade) or even 0 points (nothing nearby has anything except Focus and Target Lock).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nimdabew wrote:
Ben Kenobi
Crew
5pts

Wouldn't it be more thematic to have him simply cancel a unit's ability to attack a target that round?

"That's not the fighter you are looking for..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lando
msg tools
Vorpal Sword wrote:
nimdabew wrote:
Ben Kenobi
Crew
5pts

Assuming I understand your intent, that's really interesting but probably hard to balance. Even with existing stuff, he could "really" be worth 1 point (the MF title) or 4 points (Engine Upgrade) or even 0 points (nothing nearby has anything except Focus and Target Lock).

Intent is to slightly control a persons action choice (not the droids), not completely mind smash the other person. It influences the other person enough to maybe change their direction. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Example: A bomber pilot will want to use his actions to get missiles off. Ben can use his powers to convince the other pilot to take a target lock on a person behind him because the force instead of getting the focus token to fire the APT he is bearing down on the Falcon with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

Wouldn't it be more thematic to have him simply cancel a unit's ability to attack a target that round?

"That's not the fighter you are looking for..."

Only if the fighter has a droid onboard ^,^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VanorDM wrote:
commuterzombie wrote:
R2 would need a different ability though.

R2, 3CPO, and other droids as crew I could see. But yeah it would have to be a different ability on R2, letting the falcon regen shields could be somewhat broken.

Hull Repairs instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne Engineer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R2D2
When you are dealt a face up "Console Fire" or "Thrust Control Fire" damage card, immediately discard that card.

Cost 2? Since it only impacts 3 cards from the deck.

Certainly goes with the theme as it is what R2D2 does on the falcon in the movies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Airborne Engineer wrote:
R2D2
When you are dealt a face up "Console Fire" or "Thrust Control Fire" damage card, immediately discard that card.

Cost 2? Since it only impacts 3 cards from the deck.

Certainly goes with the theme as it is what R2D2 does on the falcon in the movies.

I'd say "cost 0" as its extremely conditional (once every dozen games?) and eats up a valuable crew slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically, the last time I played the only ship I lost was an ORS because of...

Console Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.