Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this with 11 last night and really enjoyed it. Plan on picking it up but my group is typically less than ideal numbers for this game. Does it work well enough with 6?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
charlest wrote:
Played this with 11 last night and really enjoyed it. Plan on picking it up but my group is typically less than ideal numbers for this game. Does it work well enough with 6?

8-10 is the sweet spot IMO, but I've played it with all numbers and would do 6 again. It's at least less awkward than trying to play Resistance with 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with 7 the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Since the difference between 6 and 7 is the odd-man out role, I think it would still play well with 6. Really clever game. At first I thought it would be too easy to figure out who's who with only 3 pieces of information, but there are enough circumstances that you can't be 100% sure of everyone at the table right up until the end (but you can make some great educated guesses).

Far more true deduction in this game than in most of the genre. Really like it.

Artwork is dreadful though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Played tonight for the first time, with first 7 then 6p. Loved it - though no-one really got it for the first few games. By the end it was really very tactical; we felt that we were making important choices and that luck was limited in effect.

We think it might have fired Resistance/Avalon. But more plays are required before we're sure.

Thanks Charlie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
Played tonight for the first time, with first 7 then 6p. Loved it - though no-one really got it for the first few games. By the end it was really very tactical; we felt that we were making important choices and that luck was limited in effect.

We think it might have fired Resistance/Avalon. But more plays are required before we're sure.

Thanks Charlie!

That's blasphemous Paul, I still can't get enough of Avalon (although Blood Bound IS excellent).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie, we've a lot to thank you for tonight: half a dozen games of Blood Bound; half a dozen games of One-Night Ult Werewolf; finishing with Mascarade (which I won - woot!)

At least 2 of those 3 were purchases on the back of your reviews, so credit well and truly due to you.

6 hours, or so, and 6 players (7 for a bit) - a truly spectacular social night.

And the first time in a year or more that we've been 6p and not played Resistance - so there's yer ole blasphemy!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like an amazing night. I haven't played any of those games in a couple months and I'm dying to get some social deduction going.

We've been playing a lot of X-Wing lately (Tantive IV is amazing), which has been a blast.

I'm glad my reviews helped you out Paul, mission accomplished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.