Subject: Timing for completing WALKWAY and Monopoly bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Massey
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say a player owns Production monopoly and an opponent completes building Walkway.

In this situation, who would transfer from the forum first.

Just in case both players are going for the same card in the forum and there is only one left.

I plan to house rule the active player who completed the building gets first draw from the forum then the monopoly owner proceeds afterwards.

What do you all think?

Also do you play bonuses after the order and its possible enhancements unless it says "before you play"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rules don't cover subtle timing issues like those, hopefully Carl can provide a ruling here.

In most games though, the active player acts before the other players going clockwise around the table, so your ad-hoc ruling makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
superkrm wrote:
I plan to house rule the active player who completed the building gets first draw from the forum then the monopoly owner proceeds afterwards.

Yes. Resolve all building completion effects before moving on to the Monopoly award.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Massey
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the answer, I am enjoying this game as much as Innovation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.