Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool report. I presume you were playing as the Latari?

I find that Runewars often ends like this, where one player manages to win by a landslide.

I have a question about your report, though.

Friman wrote:

Elven turn: (6dmg):

- Attack Forge:

Play Leonx Rider, activate ability on Elven Player, draw Darnati Warrior, discard 1g. Play Darnati

Warrior. Play Pegasus Rider, activate ability, exhaust 2 strongholds, draw 1g (only card left). Forge

Secured.

When the Pegasus Rider exhausted to draw more cards, why did he only draw one card? My understanding is that you shuffle the deck any time you need to draw cards but none are available. So he should have drawn the 1g, then shuffled and drawn a second card. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friman wrote:

You are right, but at that point there were literally no more cards left in the Elven deck nor discard pile. So 1g was the only thing to reveal, and draw. That's what I meant by "only card left".

Oh, I see. My mistake. That makes sense now.

Friman wrote:
On a side note, I've never liked the fact that you don't get to "draw" with the Pegasus Rider, you have to reveal your 2 cards, then draw 1, throwing away the surprise factor...

Yes, that is a bit of a drag, now that I think about it. Spiritspeaker, Necromancer, Footman, Knight, and Forge Master all require you to reveal since you can only draw a specific kind of card. The ones that don't require you to reveal are the Leonx Rider, Flesh Ripper, and Novice Wizard. It's strange that the Pegasus Rider doesn't require you to draw a specific kind of card, yet you still must reveal what is on top of your deck. Since it doesn't matter what card you place in your hand, it shouldn't matter if your opponent sees it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novice Wizard is just incredibly powerful, and that is another reason why.

(in response to the post above)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.