Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A while back, I posted a question about how useless the white cases I received from the Kickstarter were. They came with two sheets of thin foam not even one-quarter of an inch thick, & wouldn't hold anything in place.

I was baffled when others responded that their cases worked just fine.

Just now, I was looking at the customizable inserts for the cases, & the kickstarter update mentions that these inserts "are designed to fit our 25 mm small white cases." After doing a metric conversion, I see that 25mm is approximately 1 inch. All the cases I received from the kickstarter were a bit over 1.5 inches thick.

Did Mantic send out different sized cases to some of us? I certainly don't remember selecting a size on the kickstarter surveys. This was my first ever purchase from Mantic, so I wasn't aware that they made other sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.
The cases I got were the same size as the warpath forge father's tread cannon comes in.
I can't remember the name but I bought one to house rule into Deadzone and the case is the exact same size.

For myself I'm getting some extra foam to provide some additional padding toehold everything in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a bunch of the small cases from their website. If you have bases attached they don't move at all with the thin foam. If you don't want to or haven't attached bases then you will want to install thicker foam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ilikesanta wrote:
I just ordered a bunch of the small cases from their website. If you have bases attached they don't move at all with the thin foam. If you don't want to or haven't attached bases then you will want to install thicker foam.

Are you referring to the clear hex bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Are you referring to the clear hex bases?

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.