Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Laramy Fisk wins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just announced. From worlds.
9 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah!
Cheers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. I look forward to messing around with him in a cycle or 2!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
No source yet, just announced on the live stream.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a surprise to me. I'm quite underwhelmed with "Have a card" Fisk, and was quite looking forward to having ALL THE MONEY with a Magnum Opus-powered Collective.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beri wrote:
That's a surprise to me. I'm quite underwhelmed with "Have a card" Fisk, and was quite looking forward to having ALL THE MONEY with a Magnum Opus-powered Collective.


I think most people agreed that The Collective was more powerful, but Fisk had a more interesting ability.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Saan wrote:
beri wrote:
That's a surprise to me. I'm quite underwhelmed with "Have a card" Fisk, and was quite looking forward to having ALL THE MONEY with a Magnum Opus-powered Collective.


I think most people agreed that The Collective was more powerful, but Fisk had a more interesting ability.


I think most people just didn't want yet another Shaper identity, sadly enough, so instead we get this boring, stupid Criminal. Very short-sighted decision, IMHO, but then again I also think it was stupid of FFG to offer us a choice between a 6th shaper and a 3rd other faction, even if things will have evened out by the time the identity is actually printed.

Poorly handled all around, IMHO.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fisk didn't win, the Collective lost.

(Still, it's good news for panicky reactionaries and fans of stupid facial hair. Maybe he and Gabe can form a club.)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, making yet another Shaper the alternate choice was a bad decision.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callum Wright
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stuff it, Collective.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
...instead we get this boring, stupid Criminal...

I can understand not liking Fisk, but the way his ability works strikes me as pretty unique.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Alexander Heijnen
Norway
Halden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing with the collective is that it would affect a lot of new cards, it requires a lot more balancing just because its around. So as a shaper player I'm actually happy that the card pool can grow more diverse...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beri wrote:
That's a surprise to me. I'm quite underwhelmed with "Have a card" Fisk, and was quite looking forward to having ALL THE MONEY with a Magnum Opus-powered Collective.


The collective were plain dull. Fisk forces the corp to protect archives as you sneakdoor beta into HQ and force the corp to constantly discard cards from their hand using the anarch virus that lets you trash cards even if they have no trash cost. Add in ways to see more cards in hand and you have a great way to deny a corporation of valuable resources. What good are cards that rescue agendas from archives when you force the corp to draw and discard them? It's a great way to pressure a corporation.

Remember, the corp draws the card before you acces HQ, so it's a neat way to pressure a corp.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm definitely happy that the Collective lost.

It seemed simply way overpowered (from sight/analysis, plus OCTGN data), in a boring way nonetheless, and would be very hard to balance against, if it indeed was OP.

Not a big fan of Fisk, but its still a much more unique ability for people to try to play around with, though to be fair, it does not seem that there is any real synergistic effects for it in the current card pool.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Muspelheim wrote:
I'm definitely happy that the Collective lost.

It seemed simply way overpowered (from sight/analysis, plus OCTGN data), in a boring way nonetheless, and would be very hard to balance against, if it indeed was OP.

Not a big fan of Fisk, but its still a much more unique ability for people to try to play around with, though to be fair, it does not seem that there is any real synergistic effects for it in the current card pool.

This.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Swanson
United States
North Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
b a n j o wrote:

I LOVE Shaper. They're hands down my favorite runner faction.

I voted for Laramy Fisk.

I don't think the Collective was overpowered. (I could write paragraphs here on why, but I'll just say that I think most people underrated the drawback of 55/5.). Laramy Fisk was just more interesting in my opinion. Even before Lukas said so, I suspected that Laramy Fisk was more interesting for the designers. I agree Laramy Fisk will be another boring Criminal, but this has nothing to do with his ability. Criminal is just boring to play. The faction is just stupidly powerful in the current meta.


+1
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth M
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
...instead we get this boring, stupid Criminal...

I can understand not liking Fisk, but the way his ability works strikes me as pretty unique.


I bet you think you get to look at the card on R&D first before his ability fires so there is an interesting decision to be made about where you'd prefer the card to be.

You don't, it fires blind. It also only fires once a turn and the corp doesn't have to discard until the end of their turn so you can't force discards with it.

Muspelheim wrote:

Not a big fan of Fisk, but its still a much more unique ability for people to try to play around with, though to be fair, it does not seem that there is any real synergistic effects for it in the current card pool.


There's...Deep Thought

that's synergy, right

right

soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
...instead we get this boring, stupid Criminal...

I can understand not liking Fisk, but the way his ability works strikes me as pretty unique.


Unique and interesting aren't the same thing.

A child's artwork is unique, but it sure ain't interesting.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
mb
I'm not sure why everyone talks up HQ grabbing/destruction, when it seems Fisk's ability works best IMO as a free two-run R&D interface. Suddenly there's pressure on both HQ, Archives, and R&D on turn one from this Criminal.

Fisk is good, believe it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talain wrote:
Azgard12 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
...instead we get this boring, stupid Criminal...

I can understand not liking Fisk, but the way his ability works strikes me as pretty unique.


I bet you think you get to look at the card on R&D first before his ability fires so there is an interesting decision to be made about where you'd prefer the card to be.

You don't, it fires blind. It also only fires once a turn and the corp doesn't have to discard until the end of their turn so you can't force discards with it.

Muspelheim wrote:

Not a big fan of Fisk, but its still a much more unique ability for people to try to play around with, though to be fair, it does not seem that there is any real synergistic effects for it in the current card pool.


There's...Deep Thought

that's synergy, right

right

soblue

It forces Corps to play cards. They can't spend clicks drawing or taking credits, or advancing, or they will need to discard. It's a perfect counter for Jackson, too.

And there's far more synergy than you're suggesting. HQ Interface/Nerve Agent, Sneakdoor Beta, Record Reconstructor, Demo Run, Pheremones, False Echo

It also makes empty HQ still worth running.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
mb
R&D Interface and Maker's Eye synergizes pretty damn well!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shazzner wrote:
I'm not sure why everyone talks up HQ grabbing/destruction, when it seems Fisk's ability works best IMO as a free two-run R&D interface. Suddenly there's pressure on both HQ, Archives, and R&D on turn one from this Criminal.

Fisk is good, believe it.


"The first time you make a successful run on a central server each turn, you may force the Corp to draw 1 card."

This happens before access. So if you run R&D, you have to decide whether they draw the card before you access or not at all. Either way, you're not seeing two cards out of this.

If the ability worked at the end of a successful run, you'd have a decent point.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
mb
Azeltir wrote:
shazzner wrote:
I'm not sure why everyone talks up HQ grabbing/destruction, when it seems Fisk's ability works best IMO as a free two-run R&D interface. Suddenly there's pressure on both HQ, Archives, and R&D on turn one from this Criminal.

Fisk is good, believe it.


"The first time you make a successful run on a central server each turn, you may force the Corp to draw 1 card."

This happens before access. So if you run R&D, you have to decide whether they draw the card before you access or not at all. Either way, you're not seeing two cards out of this.

If the ability worked at the end of a successful run, you'd have a decent point.

I understand that, hence the two-run aspect. First run: see a wall of static, second run: please draw oh nice a Priority Req.

Two runs can be a lot to ask for, but keep in mind this is on turn one .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.