fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
14.23 Attacker‘s units in one hex may attack units in two or more adjacent hexes, treating it as one attack. All attacking units must be adjacent to (or on top of) all the defending units they are attacking.

I have always assumed that the portion I have underlined refers to hexes adjacent to the attacker. However, I realize that it is (surprise!) a bit ambiguous, as it could be referring to the defenders needing to be adjacent to each other.

I am wondering if there is a consensus on this one way or the other, or if there are differing interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've always read it that the "two or more" hexes would be adjacent to the attacker, not necessarily to each other. There is an issue with the alternate reading, which is that if "more" than two defending hexes were involved they could not possibly all be adjacent to each other. They could be contiguous, but not adjacent to each other. A moot point IMHO as the hexes only need be adjacent to the attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.