Subject: New Card Ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Just having a little Fun with Strange Eons. Occasionally I may post some new ideas for cards I can think of. Some of them cruel, some of them not so.
Enjoy.

And, finally, something for the Door-Deck:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great. I may have to sleeve my set and get these printed. Keep 'em coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, thanks, glad you like 'em. "Deadly Blade" is especially cruel!devil
And don't worry, these will not be the last ones I'm doing. I just bought the game and I'm already in love with it; having a couple of ideas for Runecards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting ideas.

I'm not sure I like the Blades one; 5/6 chance of death (2/3 if you discard treasure) seems a bit high, even for the luck-fest that this game is. Sure, some heroes have similar odds against Bottomless Pits, but this one affects all heroes just as much.

Question about that one, though: if you have no treasures, can you pick two numbers?

For the ones where you pick numbers, while I see the intent of adding what looks like some "choice", it's really just a false choice. Just for ease of use, I think they would work better if they just used static numbers.

Overall, though, they are neat concepts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that is true. Why pick numbers when it's just random anyway?

I do want to see lots more cards and tiles for this game. Crazy that FFG has not done an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, of course it's a false choice if you pick your own numbers. But it's also some sort of Epic Mind Trick - if you fail your roll, you will be angry at yourself, if you pass, you will be cheering like mad. It's not necessary, but fun. At least I think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
sigmazero13 wrote:
@Deadly Blades
Question about that one, though: if you have no treasures, can you pick two numbers?

Uhm, that's actually a good idea. Just a cruel choice then: will your Greed be your Doom? I think I'm gonna update it.

One for the Dungeon Deck (a helpful one, for a surprising change):
//EDIT: Damn, a typo. Should be "Healing", of course.

A Loot Card with an interesting mechanic:

If you want to have more Monster-Encounters (like me):

And Last but not Least another boring Empty Card to fill up your deck in order to adjust chances of actually encountering something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
How do you like this Rune?

Aaaand here's some generic Test-Combos for the Trap-Deck.
Well, mechanically-wise they are just toned down versions of the "Conflagration"-Event, anyway, Hurray for more diversity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a "Portal" room... moves either the whole room or just your figure to a random location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Hmmm, actually I don't feel up to do any tiles, sorry. soblue
But how about these (actually providing you with a choice)?

//EDIT: I updated the "Deadly Blades"-Card. Now it's less punishing, but more about a really cruel choice!devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Hmmm, this is turning into serious business.
So many great ideas ... I won't be posting updates for a while now, instead I'm working on some kind of "official" Expansion, with updated Cards and directions, how many you've gotta include in which deck. You know, it's easy to tinker with the Treasure and Trap-Deck, also Rune-Cards, since here additions only serve to get more variety. With all the other decks, though, you gotta carefully balance them against other mandatory Cards, like Empty Rooms, Secret Doors, Crypt-Cards, and stuff (put too many custom cards in there, and the base game experience will get screwed up.) I'll have to add copies of some of the original cards, even.
Stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.