Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Bradley
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
The rule book says the only exception to bump is Hel. In an of my plays one of the player in the final turns of the game used all remainder 4 Jotunn to scoring 7 points over and over.
We don't agree this was allowed, but i remember the rule book missing this with Skadi and maybe have the same problem with Jotunn. It seems overpowered to me, as cover a dragon with another dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is allowed. You can block such a move with a well-placed Loki or Troll tile, or by filling that line with 7 tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hoefle
Germany
Ebersbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think you cant do this cause when you bump a Jotunn with another Jotun you get no points as there are at least two 5s in this line - the one you played and the one you bumped

also if there are already 7 pieces you cant bump a tile with the Jotunnj as you would have 8 tiles than

or did i misunderstand your problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zegol _
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xorron wrote:
i think you cant do this cause when you bump a Jotunn with another Jotun you get no points as there are at least two 5s in this line - the one you played and the one you bumped

also if there are already 7 pieces you cant bump a tile with the Jotunnj as you would have 8 tiles than

or did i misunderstand your problem?

In this example they have a line of 7 (where nothing is worth 5 or more) that they keep scoring by bumping Jotunn sideways. Jotunn doesn't score for the column because there is at least another Jotunn there, but can score 7 points for the line until the column is full.

You could also place a Dragon over Jotunn to score the 7 points and then the next person can place another Jotunn (unless the column is full) to bump the dragon and score 7 points.

This scenario is quite common when I play with my son.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.