Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Germany

Subject: Board game shops in Berlin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello my German friends!
I'll be visiting Berlin for five days at the beginning of December, and I was thinking of visiting a few board game shops / cafés. I've been searching on Google without finding much, so I was wondering if maybe some of you could point me in the right direction. What sort of board game-y stores and/or events should I visit while I'm there?

Thanks in advance!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.spielwiese-berlin.de

Board game store, cafe, and game rental.
Monday nights game designers test prototypes, while an international Meetup group and Couchsurfers play other games. Other nights and on weekends you can get into games being played as well.

Have fun!
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There´s also Gamer´s HQ

Hope you´ll have fun in Berlin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oldsin wrote:
There´s also Gamer´s HQ

That was a good shop with very nice people!

EDIT: I used past tense because I was there a few years ago. I guess they are still good and nice meeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf
Switzerland
KY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
oldsin wrote:
There´s also Gamer´s HQ

That was a good shop with very nice people!

EDIT: I used past tense because I was there a few years ago. I guess they are still good and nice :meeple:


Yes they are. Though a little far from the center it is definitely worth going. Also, just around the corner is Morgenwelt and those two are the best in town imnsho.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oldsin wrote:
There´s also Gamer´s HQ


I could not find any info on this on their homepage, so I hope you don't mind asking: how much room for playing games does the store offer ? How much does it cost to test their games ?

I'm asking because of my experience with the Spielwiese, which is totally great, but has limited space which can be a real problem at weekends in terms of finding room to play, noise level and fresh air :\ I hope they will eventually expand one day as the demand certainly is there...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't overlook department stores, starting with the obvious KaDeWe. Not as wide a range as a good games shop, but not to be sniffed at.

(And anyway KaDeWe is a tourist destination in its own right.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions, folks! Only two weeks left before I go now, I've got a few places to check out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
And don't overlook department stores, starting with the obvious KaDeWe. Not as wide a range as a good games shop, but not to be sniffed at.

(And anyway KaDeWe is a tourist destination in its own right.)


He´s right, you know. KaDeWe, especially during Christmas business, is like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Be sure to go all the way up to the food department. Even if you don´t spend a single cent it´s incredibly fascinating. Vulgar, too, in its totally shameless display of abundance, but still fascinating.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oldsin wrote:
Dearlove wrote:
And don't overlook department stores, starting with the obvious KaDeWe. Not as wide a range as a good games shop, but not to be sniffed at.

(And anyway KaDeWe is a tourist destination in its own right.)


He´s right, you know. KaDeWe, especially during Christmas business, is like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Be sure to go all the way up to the food department. Even if you don´t spend a single cent it´s incredibly fascinating. Vulgar, too, in its totally shameless display of abundance, but still fascinating.


Is KaDeWe something similar to London's Harrod's? That's the impression I'm getting here, at least!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much that, yeah.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.