Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Light Woods, as defined in the game specific special rules considered to be the same height as regular woods, as defined in the series rules, specifically that they extend up 20m (8.42 - annotated rules from pg-hq.com)?

My interpretation is that they don't extend up 20m like regular woods as Light Woods is described as 'small trees' but I've read different elsewhere.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play as they do. The interpretation here being that the trees are the same general height as regular woods, just not as dense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question, Keiron.

Woods of all flavors (there are also dense woods in some games) are the same height as Peter said. It's just a question of different levels of ability when spotting and firing through them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both for the responses.

This is my first attempt at PG and I must say that the terrain/elevation/LOS/spotting rules are quite something to get your head around and are really grinding down the speed of play.

I shall keep with it though, at least for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.