United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticed no one posted this on BGG yet.

The following update went out yesterday:

Quote:
November is here and the days are passing by quickly, but there is no sign of the boat-load of new Alien Frontiers cards you were expecting right about now. Mark Maxwell is an excellent artist and his real-paint on real-brush on real-canvas technique is phenomenal, but it's also slow and we're behind schedule on the art for all of the Alien Tech cards, Outer Belt cards, and new Faction Packs you created during the project. As we have done already, every new piece of art will get posted here so you know that things ARE progressing.

However, many of you also pledged for the 4th edition reprint of Alien Frontiers, AF:Factions, and AF:Faction Pack #1, too. We had every intention of making the November shipping window for these items, but there were issues at the printer that slowed things down WAY more than is reasonable. Panda's most optimistic estimate now, is that we will not get the AF product reprints until just after the new year. We are extremely stressed over this. It means we're upsetting a LOT of Kickstarter backers, and that we also miss the ENTIRE holiday retail season.

So, to make the best of a bad situation, we will be shipping all of the AF re-print products out to you as soon as they are available and will send the Promo Pack and Faction Pack products out to you separately, when they are available.
It's not ideal by anyone's estimation, and it will cost us a lot of extra postage, but we want to get things to you without further delays on our side of the equation.

David

At least I wasn't planning on this for Christmas, but I sold my 3rd Edition in May to pay for a 4th Edition copy + Expansions on KS. Now looks like a 1Q 2014 release. Maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. I was hoping to give this to my son for his birthday in two weeks, or at least as a Christmas gift. Wha wha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bias
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very doubtful it will be Q1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.