Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: More repaints! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't get the best pictures since the light in my apartment's weird, but here are the repaints I've done, along with the Enterprise Micromachine for good measure. The galaxy I don't zoom in on is a little messed up, since my attempt at beveling the edge to make an easy to paint phaser array didn't work out. It's also the one I had to epoxy to a stand because the off-center peg melted when I tried to take the original paint off. Painting the life-boats tan makes a world of difference for this ship.

I haven't applied a wash to any of these since the one I tried it on, my Reliant, got messed up as you can see and I don't want to use any paint thinner on that either.

I also really liked the two-tone paneling on the left-most D'deridex, but the color I mixed dried up and I don't think I can easily replicate it. The other is just a single green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Very nice, I painted up the deflector on my Enterprise D as well; well worth the effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hawkins
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice crisp paintwork, well done thumbsup

I have one comment/piece of advice before you apply a wash, it's pretty generally applicable to most space ship repaints I have seen. In space there is no atmosphere to soften shadows so washes should be denser than you would normally use for figures and the edges should clean cut, not graduated. Many of the natural and stylised lighting effects that expert painters simulate so well are due to the interplay of diffused and direct light. In space there is either direct light (only) or none at all so don't worry if your wash ends up looking rather stark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simple green the reliant if you want to redo. No biggy. Nice work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.