Hide
16 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Active Jobs and Warrents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Frister
msg tools
I have scoured the net and couldn't find a solid answer to my question.
When you receive a warrant during a job you discard the job and lose all rep with the contact, but if you have other active jobs are they being considered "working" at the same time or is it only the job that you are using your action on?
Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! We've been playing that it only applies to the Job attempt being worked at the time a warrant is issued. Thus your other Active Jobs are not impacted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the job you are taking the work action with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you only lose a job you are "currently working on," doesn't that make the warrant you get from dodging "Customs Inspection" cards almost useless?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the rules say is discard "the" Job, returning "it" to the discard pile. Unfortunately, it doesn't reference other Jobs you may have Active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
All the rules say is discard "the" Job, returning "it" to the discard pile. Unfortunately, it doesn't reference other Jobs you may have Active.

It's very clear. I don't see the confusion. If you get a warrant while misbehaving doing a work action , discard the job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
l33tspaniard wrote:
If you only lose a job you are "currently working on," doesn't that make the warrant you get from dodging "Customs Inspection" cards almost useless?

How so? It still makes you an outlaw and will cost you money to get rid of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Ashitaka wrote:

It's very clear. I don't see the confusion. If you get a warrant while misbehaving doing a work action , discard the job.

Agreed, no confusion here. Using unfortunately was erroneous on my end. I meant only to say it doesn't indicate the other jobs are impacted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
SeerMagic wrote:
Only the job you are taking the work action with.

Agreed.

l33tspaniard wrote:

No. It's still a warrant, it doesn't go away after the customs inspection is complete. It still makes you a target for the Alliance Cruiser and/or costs you $1000 to Badger to get rid of it.

And you still lose your solid with Harken. You ALWAYS lose solid with Harken when you gain a warrant, no matter where it came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
geoffrey d. hurn
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Does anybody know if you can simply buy cargo or contraband at one port and sell it at another port to make a profit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Pietraszak
Germany
Aachen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gdhurn wrote:
Does anybody know if you can simply buy cargo or contraband at one port and sell it at another port to make a profit?

This is brutally off-topic, but ok ...

No, you can't buy cargo / contraband in ports, nor can you sell it at ports.

You get cargo / contraband when starting some jobs, when salvaging, or when meeting a traveling trader (several events while flying). You can sell cargo / contraband to (nearly all) contacts you're "solid" with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played a game using "First Time in the Captain's Chair" this past weekend where one player gota record-breaking four warrants from miusbehave cards. He could not finish Goal 1 for the life of him, but then he was attempting Badger jobs with only 3-4 crew including captain (who kept getting killed at that).

And yes: after getting a couple more games under my belt, and seeing him suffer that, I agree that it is only for jobs currently being worked. Would be way too harsh to lose all active jobs for getting a warrant from anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
geoffrey d. hurn
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thank you very much. I was running a game this past weekend and first time players complaints were that you could not purchase cargo/contra in a port and sell it in another port. Curious, how is this brutally off topic? This is the forum for 'Firefly the Board Game', right? Where should I have posted my question?soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This particular thread is about active jobs and Warrants. I'm pretty sure there's one (or more) threads related to your topic. Not a big deal, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdhurn wrote:
Thank you very much. I was running a game this past weekend and first time players complaints were that you could not purchase cargo/contra in a port and sell it in another port. Curious, how is this brutally off topic? This is the forum for 'Firefly the Board Game', right? Where should I have posted my question?:soblue:

You find new cargo and contraband mostly through the flight decks, mostly in border space if I recall right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another option is to have the right Transport and do some crime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.