John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I went over the draft summary in the FFG feed with a fine-toothed comb, and recorded what was cracked in each "booster". My findings are consolidated here, and I thought I'd put it up for more math-minded folks to take a look at and see what can be determined.

Packs 1-16 are the packs cracked by Lukas and Team Covenant in the draft demo. Due to camera constraints, I was unable to see every single card (marked with a "??"), but was able to extrapolate pretty comfortably. Packs 17-18 are the packs cracked in the "unboxing" video. The gentleman doing the unboxing incorrectly draws only 9 cards for his first "booster", so the first card drawn from the second "booster" (pack 18) was placed in pack 17.
--------------

My working hypothesis is laid out in text on the spreadsheet. I believe corp boosters have 7 dedicated slots, 1 slot reserved for server materiel, and 2 random slots. Anyone have anything to add or argue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting note: the first six cards in an unshuffled booster are ALWAYS Agenda-Ice-Ice-Ice-Server materiel-Operation. ALWAYS.

So I would bet my life that at least that much is iron-clad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Nicki Minaj hijack the 4th row of your spreadsheet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you take note of which cards were in which "packs"?
I'd be curious if some were more frequent than others.
I saw a few chums. And more datahound than I expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Sword
msg tools
Nice work CapAp!

Yeh, 4th row ist hijacked, there's no asset in the 17th "booster". It's False Leads, Hadrian's, Hunter, Chum, SanSan, Beanstalk, Beale, Janus, Rototurret, and Victor 1.0.

Victor 1.0 is the tenth card (which is shown in the second "booster" in the video since he missed a card in the first one).

So no fixed asset. And
Agenda-Ice-Ice-Ice-Server material-Operation
is likely all that is fixed at least at the basic level of the algorithm, with server material would be one of agenda, asset, upgrade. The types of the other four cards look random (with favor to ice).

Also note the 1 pointer (False Leads) in the agenda slot.

For the runner cards I guess there is also a bias in the pack (4 "boosters"), since Underworld Contacts doesn't make sense without link cards, also single Rabbit Holes are not as useful. So there might be also a bias in the corp packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowsword wrote:
Nice work CapAp!

Yeh, 4th row ist hijacked, there's no asset in the 17th "booster". It's False Leads, Hadrian's, Hunter, Chum, SanSan, Beanstalk, Beale, Janus, Rototurret, and Victor 1.0.

Thank you! Forgot SanSan is an upgrade and listed it as asset. That will actually change a previous pack too, and may lead to something interesting. Good eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK looks like I previously correctly listed SanSan as an upgrade, so it was just an error on pack 17..

Shadowsword wrote:
So no fixed asset.

This is correct. We can say now is that there are at least two "server material" cards in each pack, in addition to one guaranteed Agenda. But they're not neccessarily guaranteed to be any particular type.

Quote:
Also note the 1 pointer (False Leads) in the agenda slot.

1 pointers were common, but 2 pointers also appeared in the Agenda slot, and in other slots. I can't find any pattern of 1s or 2s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth M
msg tools
mbmb
CapAp wrote:
1 pointers were common, but 2 pointers also appeared in the Agenda slot, and in other slots. I can't find any pattern of 1s or 2s. I saw NO 3 pointers, but that doesn't mean they're not out there.

We know they're out there because we saw Government Contracts on the stream yesterday (and you have it appropriately listed in your other thread on the Cyber War card pool!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Sword
msg tools
There are three pointers, see the other threat:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1067800/draft-pack-algorithm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
I'm not sure I'll ever play a netrunner draft, but your unmitigated obsession with figuring out the corp/runner draft pack algorithm is enviable.

Good job. Keep it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.