Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Poutney
Canada
Paris
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just beat the 2nd scenario and I've been given the option to choose one of the 4 Title boons. Each card provides an effect (ie: +2 HP for the Skilled Healer) as well as different Trait (ie: the Healer trait).
What effect do these traits have on gameplay?
Do they mean anything or interact differently with certain cards later on?
I'm just wondering why I would want the Ranger trait, over say the Warrior Trait and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the 4 cards only 2 will interact with other cards in the current card pool.

Getting the ranger trait means you could attach ranger bow to the hero, and use a few events specific to rangers.

The boon that gives the noble trait will allow a character who does not have the trait gain a resource from envoy of Pelagir for instance. There are probably some other cards i can't recall that do something with noble

Healer and warrior traits do not have any card synergy at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The traits themselves at the moment don't have any gameplay effect themselves. That is, they are not like ranged or sentinel, where they bestow and in-game effect or ability.

Those traits are more like Dwarf or Silvan, in that, they could have cards which interact with them.

The only real trait which has cards which interact with it at the moment is Ranger, specifically in Black Riders (Take No Notice) and some of the Against the Shadow packs.

In some sense, you might be betting on traits becoming important down the road. Such as, if you expect them to do something with the Warrior or Healer trait in future expansions, and you expect to build a deck which helps that trait. Otherwise, your character gets that bonus and has an arbitrary new trait which you won't plan on unitizing much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.