Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Runner and Corporation draft packs are 40 cards assembled in four 10-card booster packs. We know there's an algorithm to how they are assembled, but we don't know exactly what it is. So after going through a draft and playing for a while, is there a way to reassemble the booster packs to do everything over again? It doesn't sound like there is anything marking the cards as to which of the four booster packs they belong to within a specific draft pack. I have never done any drafting. Is there any value in taking pictures of the 4 boosters before starting a draft (or as you are doing the draft)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time, put the cards out face up and take a pic with your smartphone so you can reassemble the 4 "packs" after you play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Youll get almost the same experience simply shuffling them all together and making new random packs of 10.

True, it wont have guaranteed cards in slots like an agenda in the first slot, but it should be close enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saracenus wrote:
Next time, put the cards out face up and take a pic with your smartphone so you can reassemble the 4 "packs" after you play...

I was going to say write it down, but that's a much simpler suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Youll get almost the same experience simply shuffling them all together and making new random packs of 10.

True, it wont have guaranteed cards in slots like an agenda in the first slot, but it should be close enough.

I would think it would be doable to for a "draft league" by having people keep their 40 drafted cards, and bring these back to the next draft, shuffle, and redraft from, basically, the same card pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
williamj35 wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

I would think it would be doable to for a "draft league" by having people keep their 40 drafted cards, and bring these back to the next draft, shuffle, and redraft from, basically, the same card pool.

I have enjoyed "Duplicate play" in other games (such as Bridge), though this works best if the packs are balanced (which sometimes doesn't happen due to luck of the draw).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.