Subject: Auction A Share Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yigit Yurt
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if a player bid amount of money that he cannot afford?
Example: Auction for Liberty.

Player A bid for $10
Player B pass (out of auction)
Player C bid for $25
Player A bid for $30
Player C bid for $35
Player A pass

So Player C had won the auction but let's say he has only $28 and his bid was a bluff. What happens in this case?

btw, maybe player A has only $20 also his $30 bid was bluff.

What happens in this case?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Money is open...there are no bluff bids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
It's a curious fact that rulebooks more often seem to spell out you can't make non-integer bids than say you can't make uncovered ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
Kaffedrake wrote:
It's a curious fact that rulebooks more often seem to spell out you can't make non-integer bids than say you can't make uncovered ones.

Interesting observation.

In the case of AR, the rules state that the winner "takes the share and pays his final bid to the treasury of the company that sold the share."

Rulebooks only need to specify what may be done. They do not need to specify what many not be done. Since it does not specify that you can at any time pay less than your final bid, it seems reasonable to me to conclude that you cannot bid less than you can pay. I'll keep your observation in mind though when I write rulebooks in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we play:
- you do not have to keep your money "open" (you may stack it if you want)
- BUT, you may not bid more than you can pay
- we also play (and I assume this is ok) that after the opening $10 bid you may start bidding by any denomination you want...open for $10, next player $11, then $12, then maybe $15, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.