Sigismundus Augustus: Dei gratia rex Poloniae» Forums » Rules

Subject: Various Questions and Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hunter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have finished my solo run through and I am really looking forward to playing this for real but I have a few questions/clarifications.

Special Actions Phase
1) Is it correct that the only special action is playing a policy card for it's effect unless you have an Eccelesiastical (Pink) Senator any of which can be played for their effect which is to steal a random policy card from a chosen player? If so why not call this the Policy Card Phase?

Policy Card Effects
2) Death of a Senator, is the Senator to die chosen by the targeted player, the player playing the card or at random?

3) Foray, if the Foray succeeds the targeted player loses 6VP but does the successful attacker also gain 6VP?

Senatorial Office Abilities
4) Cancellarius Regni Poloniae, to use this ability to place markers on 2 neighbouring countries during the Foreign Policy phase must you still discard Foreign Policy cards, one per marker, or does one/every Foreign Policy card discard now allow you to place 2 markers or is this a single free action to place 2 markers, or ... Help!!?

5) Vicecancellarius Regni Poloniae, both this ability to move a country marker right/ left and the ability of the Royal Representative to flip a country marker to the crown side are stated to occur at beginning of Foreign Policy phase, which occurs first?

6) Supremus thesaurarius, do you take 1 ducat from all the other players/opponents or just choose one player to steal from? As minimum income is 2 ducats and this ability occurs immediately after income why is there a note to say you cannot use this ability if an opponent has only 1 ducat?

SejmPhase
7) Public Information about available votes
Are votes available for each player public information at the start of each stage of Sejm and only hidden/taken into hand when players are deciding how many to use, except for the final vote on the Act of Law where the rules explicitly state players put all their votes in front of them?

8) Senatorial offices held and Figures with their coins are public information.
Are Armies public info?
Is amount of money held public?
Is the only hidden information the Policy cards held by a player? Even then are the number of Policy cards held public,including if they hold zero cards?

9) Trading/Bribing
Can players trade any of their resources as part of negotiation?
If so what can be traded/offered?
Money, armies, Policy cards, Senatorial offices, Figures, positions on representative tracks, Markers on neighbouring countries?
(Votes already has a trading mechanism)

Apologies for the number of questions, I don't think the rules are that badly written and would be happy to house rule most the above but official clarification would be appreciated.
Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zuchowski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, official answers to your questions (all consulted with the designer of the game):

1) Yes, the Special Actions phase is the only one when you can play cards or use Ecclesiastical Offices.

2) The targeted player chooses the card.

3) The attacker gets 6 points.

4) You normally put markers on one country only, regardless of their number. With this card you may split the amount of markers you get (foreign policy cards discarded) into two. It's not a free action, it doesn't give you extra markers.

5) The Royal Representative goes first.

6) You take one ducat from one chosen player. The info is there just in case.

7) Votes are public for most of the game, but hidden during the Sejm phase.

8) Army and money are public info, as well as the number of cards you have in hand (but not the type of the cards).

9) You can trade only votes and money, according to the rules of the Sejm phase. You cannot trade any other resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hunter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for, once again, such good responsiveness and clear answers from the designer. This is much appreciated.

We are now planning to play our first game of SA with our Gamer Group next week!

One small clarification on item 7) I assume you mean that the number of vote tokens handed out to each player at the very start of the Sejm phase is public info and then the votes retained in hand by each player are hidden for the rest of the Sejm right up to the last part of the Sejm when votes remaining for the Act of Law vote are placed in front of each player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zuchowski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris H wrote:
One small clarification on item 7) I assume you mean that the number of vote tokens handed out to each player at the very start of the Sejm phase is public info and then the votes retained in hand by each player are hidden for the rest of the Sejm right up to the last part of the Sejm when votes remaining for the Act of Law vote are placed in front of each player?

Yes, this is exactly how it works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.