5 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: General Ivan and Powder Keg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles S.
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I just wanna make sure I played this correctly and did not, in some way screw myself over. I was running with Pirate Bears and honestly, I liked the mix, just had bad draws. Anyway, I used powderkeg with General Ivan to destroy my opponents minions to prevent him from scoring a base on his next turn. I went ahead and placed Ivan in my discard pile, but a few turns later I started thinking on Ivan's ability that my minions could not be destroyed. So, did I play this desperate combo act correctly, or did I hose myself by getting rid of Ivan since he would have been unable to be destroyed per his own ability, if indeed he is protected by his own ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles S.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Soooooooo inotherwords, I screwed myself lol thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as General Ivan is in play, its owner's minions cannot be destroyed. Does that go for all minions or only for minions on that base? And, if so, does that then mean that General Ivan in play means that we want to score the base it is on asap in order to be able to kill bear-whatevers?
Tx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braz Brandt
msg tools
Unless a card says "on this base", it means ALL.

So, when you play General Ivan, ALL of your minions cannot be destroyed. See Alderac's FAQ http://www.alderac.com/smashup/files/2012/08/SU-FAQ.pdf, and the comment about Microbots and the Microbot Alpha:

"If the text does not reference 'on this base' or 'at this base' then it is global."

And yes, once General Ivan is out, score that base!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.