Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicht Die Bohne is for 3-6 players. Based on what I have seen here, people have voted that it is best for 5 or 6. Personally, I think that 3 players is best. Ok, maybe it is my opinion, but the 3 player version is the basis for the 2 player and solitaire variants. Below I will list both variant ideas, and welcome players to tweak this:

Two players:
* Deal out 20 cards to each player, and 20 to a dummy player. Randomly select which player will start first round. Game is played two rounds of 20 plays.
* Player starting first offers card and bean chip face up. Then flip over the dummy player's card. Lastly, the other player then flips over one card to offer. Then the player who flipped over the card first either picks the dummy player or other player's card. All cards picked by players (and assigned to the dummy player) go into each player's score pile to be sorted out at the end of the round. Players do not look at the score piles (this is different than the normal game).
- If the player picking the card picks the dummy player's card, then dummy player gets the other human player's card, and the human player gets the other player's card, and the bean chip, and then becomes the player to offer up a card first.
- On the other hand, if the player picking a card first picks the other non-dummy player's card, then the other non-dummy player gets the dummy player's card, and the dummy player gets the player who picked first's card. The player who picked first keeps the bean chip.
* Play continues this way for a round until all 20 cards for each player are taken. Score the round (sort out the single score pile), and then play a second round, with the player who didn't start off with the bean chip in the round, getting the bean chip and offering a card first.

Solitaire:
* This works like the 2 player game, but this time, with two dummy players. Object of a player is to end up scoring more points than each of the two dummy players. In this version, the non-dummy (active/human) player offers a card up first (through the entire round, and play is one round). After this, then the two dummy players flip over cards at the same time. The active/human player then picks one of the two dummy players, and the dummy player they picked gets the card of the other dummy player, and the other dummy player gets the card of the active/human player.
* Players go through 20 turns of this, with the player selecting, and the players core. Object is to have a greater score than each of the dummy players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.