4 Posts

High Society» Forums » General

Subject: A fun post-Halloween gaming session of High Society rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mommy gamer
msg tools
mbmbmb
This was the third in our series of 4 filler games before we started playing the main games for the evening.

There were 5 players for this one as well (2 couples and one of the older children).

The bidding aspect of this game makes for quite a challenge. The rule that the person with the least money at the end of the game would automatically lose made every person be pretty tight with their money. There was one player who picked up four tiles pretty quick at the beginning but seemed like they had spent a quite a bit of money doing so. They adapted their strategy half-way through and decided they wouldn't spend any more money (except to not get bad tiles).

One of the players spent a pretty good chunk of money to get the one of the double point tiles. He only had one treasure that counted for anything. Bad luck was quickly on his side when he was stuck with the robber tile so he lost the only tile he had that was worth anything.

After the 3rd red tile came out, we knew the game could end at any moment. People were trying to get any and all points but they had to avoid trying to spend too much money.

When the final tile came out, people were anxious to count their money, even before they counted their points. The player who won quite a few tiles in the beginning had the least money, so they were eliminated (and they did have the most points).

It came down to two players who were separated only by 1 point! It was great to see a game that was so fun, tight, and intense (especially for a filler). Definitely one that we are going to get out and play again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see both games in your collection (and by the same designer) but I think this posting belongs to High Society instead of Money!. I have clicked the Red X at the top of the thread to alert and Admin to move it for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mommy gamer
msg tools
mbmbmb
It definitely belongs there so I would appreciate it getting moved as well. I obviously messed that one up. I'll click the red x as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to High Society

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.