GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Nicolas Morlino
United States
Mars
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello everyone!

I chose the option to fight a battle in the Canyon de Chelly as a result of a spanish enemy raid. But I did not know which column of the battle table to use as none of them has a heading of "Canyon de Chelly". I assumed I should use the last one. Is this the right choice?

Nicolas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Canyon de Chelly's Areas have an Area Value. Use the column appropriate to the Area Value.

You'd think that battles here would greatly favor the Diné. But historically, when an enemy mustered the courage to enter the canyon in force, the Diné were badly defeated.

Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Morlino
United States
Mars
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This makes perfect sense. Thank you. I imagine this was the main reason to have the Canyon de Chelly area number as 1,2 and 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javi Machine
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi, and if I've been caught in this canyon, where do I place my family after the raid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve N
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the errata (enemy raid flowchart):

If in Canyon de Chelly, remove all remaining population counters from that Family to Passage of Time and place Family on the "Caught" Box of any other Territory.

It's pretty harsh, but I think that's what you'd expect if you just lost a battle in the Canyon. Historically the Navajo always got a pasting when they fought there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
See the errata (enemy raid flowchart):

If in Canyon de Chelly, remove all remaining population counters from that Family to Passage of Time and place Family on the "Caught" Box of any other Territory.

It's pretty harsh, but I think that's what you'd expect if you just lost a battle in the Canyon. Historically the Navajo always got a pasting when they fought there.

Correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.