Popular Tags: [View All]
Explainit Derek
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to say how great this edition of waw is for someone wanting to dive in. I have struggled and had given up on America Conquered as it was my first waw purchase. I just couldn't get it. I got a lot of support from the community and advice... They all pointed to this edition and they were right... Sure it was another 50 bucks but it was worth the outlay.

Marks new rulebook and the first few scenarios have me loving the game and the mechanic. If you have any interest in the series this is the one to start on..... Great game and a great ending/beginning to a bad initial purchase experience. I can see a pile of value in these games now that I understand the basic mechanics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might help you too !

http://hexsides.blogspot.jp/2013/02

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely, got to play my first game this Saturday and absolutely loved it. I've spent an awful lot of time pushing cubes recently. It felt great to get back to beautiful cardboard chits, and everything flowed so smoothly too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be a new comer to this series as well, waiting on a deluxe edition to arrive. Are the deluxe edition rules significantly modified from the original Eisenbach set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The new rules have a comment in the front that says they are essentially the same original rules with the only changes being made for clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norman, Thanks for the quick reply. I will be starting on EG and will transition to Untold Stories once a reprint is done.

Do players find themselves still running EG scenarios once they move to US with a deeper rule set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rules aren't new. Eisenbach Gap Deluxe is a simpler version of the rules. The game has grown since Eisenbach. BTW, the is a FAQ up for America Conquered.

What didn't you get about AMC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.