Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » General

Subject: Print and play Alternative rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George B
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Want to play 2r1b with your group, but don't have the cash to spend money on printer ink and sleeves? I found a solution that worked well in my group.

Materials:
Cheap plastic poker set (with different color chips)
Sharpie
paper pencil

How to:
This is probably becoming self-explanatory, but in case your still lost here is how to do it. Take the stacks of red, blue and white chips from your poker set. You will need around 30 EACH in order to get most of the roles.
Now start writing down role names on one side of the chips with the sharpie, meaning one side will remain completely blank, while the other has the role name.
Abbreviating or drawling symbols for main roles is advisable, just make sure you log them on your paper.

I, for instance, drew a star to represent the bomber and president on their respectable red and blue chip, and I drew dots to signify regular red/blue team players.

Now if you don't know the roles, here is the link to a file that contains the rulebook. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qso9mqa11ivc54c/2R1B%20Playset%20w...
I picked which ones I wanted, and left out some I didn't really think would be fun or easy to explain.

Don't forget to write some grey roles onto the white poker chips!

Now I just played around 5 games with these chips, and they work pretty well. You can keep it in your pocket to make sure its hidden, and color reveals are as simple as showing your blank side of your chip. The sharpie stayed on really well for the most part, but I had to retouch some chips midway. Distributing the roles is as easy as putting them into a hat or cup and making them draw blindly or from a vantage point where they can't see whats inside.Storage is in a large plastic bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
What a cool idea! Much less damageable than cards. Guess the odds of a kickstarter upgrade to poker chips is not in the plans? (hint)(hint) Would still need the character reference sheet to pass around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
What a cool idea! Much less damageable than cards. Guess the odds of a kickstarter upgrade to poker chips is not in the plans? (hint)(hint) Would still need the character reference sheet to pass around.

Just put the cards in toploaders if you're worried about them getting damaged. The OP's idea is good if you're trying to avoid printing out the cards but if you have the option to buy the game and put them in toploaders, not sure why you'd want poker chips instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.