Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules they mention that the 5 tiles making up the Art nouveau tableau have a side for expert architects. I assume that means the game should be harder. However I can't figure why this would be more difficult by flipping the tiles on their expert side. Anyone has a clue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played once on the "easy" side and not on the "hard" side but it is my understanding that the actions on the hard side are not evenly distributed so you may get more easily crewed out of doing an action that you really want to do...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuffi1964 wrote:
the actions on the hard side are not evenly distributed

What do you mean by that? Every row still has the 5 different actions and every column too, exactly like the "easy" sides. Could I have gotten a misprinted copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s├ębastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I was not clear enough in the rules on this point. If you play with all the tiles with the expert side , this does not change the difficulty. By cons, if you play with some tiles on the standard side and other on the expert side, certain actions may be absent during a round.
Have fun meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nanich .
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
I think my group got the harder side issue figured out. I think, once you have played a couple of games and are ready for something more challenging, you randomly put out the tiles, but the side that is facing up is random as well.

I think if you picked all the tiles to be one side or the other, it will be an easier game, but if you mix up which side is facing up, you will get a more challenging game,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems poorly worded in the rules. I presume it intends to say something like "mix the usual and 'experienced' sides together for a more challenging game."

By mixing both sides, you get much less even distribution. This is especially significant because it can mean more or fewer of certain kinds of building are along the edges where they are less likely to be available in each turn - changing the focus/opportunities of each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.