Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Worlds 2013 - how did BGG-ers do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maybe Next Time
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got 18th in Swiss. Lets stop there. I lost my 1st elim game vs the French Nationals winner.

Congrats to both him and the German Nationals winner, whom I played in my last game of Swiss, as they're the 2 matches I lost.

How can people still be fully concentrated on the game after 12 hours of play? I completely lost my ability to reason, or even think of what to do with cards in hand after 10 hours. If only top 32 played on day 2, after some sleep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sitting in the top eight at the halfway point, with my fourth round game on Table 4, but crashed hard after that. I came in 38th when all was said and done, with 15 prestige and 4 WSW.

Some stats... The cut was somewhere in the middle of 16 prestige and 3 WSW, not sure on exact SoS cut. There were 19 players with 16 prestige, 7 of whom had 4 WSW. Didn't take me long to realize that my timed win going to time was the difference between 38th place and 25th place for me. cry

Very impressed with the level of competition I played against all day, lots of close, tough matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Powell
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players were there? Is there a Top 8 posted anywhere?

It's really disappointing that there is NO official coverage of Worlds on the FFG website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Martin
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He played up to the top 32 round yesterday, so it's 16 players left now. I was told the tournament began with 140 players.

There's a live coverage somewhere there. Let's be patient, I'm sure we'll have decklists and ID's distribution soon enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niles Stanley
msg tools
mbmbmb
I came in first after the swiss on Strength of Schedule, second on weak side wins. Won my round of 32 match, top 16 starts in about an hour. Wish me luck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hall
United States
Marion
SC - South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
17th after Swiss, lost handily to Sebastian (German nationals winner?) in first elim round. Only 4-0s were first and last round.

I played a very uninspired HB FA that drew pretty well and only lost once in swiss. Jackson really brings the "fun" back to HB fast advance by letting you fire those ABTs willy-nilly. It's like back before you realized it was optional.

Runner side was an ill-considered last-minute Exile that clearly needed revision.

All in all, not bad considering the 50+ (!) sleepless hours going into the tourney. Stupide Star Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was 20th after swiss with Kit and Jinteki PE. Lost my single elim to one of the team covenant guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Held
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went down too. Was 21st going into the eliminations.

Played a guy from Michigan running Kate & HB who hammered my Corp. Had a short window, bad draw beat, & he did everything perfectly. Won the runner game but it was his game to lose, scored too few points the first game.

A lot of freakin' fun though & mentally exhausting.

Asked Lukas what the turnout was & he said 161.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Held
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HASMAD wrote:
He played up to the top 32 round yesterday, so it's 16 players left now. I was told the tournament began with 140 players.

There's a live coverage somewhere there. Let's be patient, I'm sure we'll have decklists and ID's distribution soon enough

I played:

Andy x3
Kate x1
Gabe x2
Chaos x1

Weyland Babw x2
NBN x2
HB Etf x1
HB Next x1
Weyland Other x1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Schaener
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the charts, since they only calculated concrete ranking for to 32 ( first tie breaker was only recorded on paper), I ranked between 67 and 83, which was all of the rankings with 12 prestige.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made T16 with Katman/HBFA. My main tech was Troubleshooter. Lost to a Maker's that hit 3 agendas.

My sparring partner Aaron was super-close to making the Finals with his Weyland/Andy. He had Opus and no Suckers in Andy. Bank Job was super tech.

I swept Jens in the Swiss. Good Chicago (?) player. Andrew swept my friend in the Swiss. His Katman/NBN is perfect for match play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Pederson
United States
minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I ended 33rd... Talked to Lukas about the tie breakers, I think he'll know me as the Bubble boy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Vandover
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I made the semis, and my two testing partners made the top 8, and top 16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
The finals match was pretty lackluster ):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anoryx
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Baltimore meta is quite strong. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OddCrow19 wrote:
The finals match was pretty lackluster ):

For real, I was hoping for something epic, but alas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Double biotic is pretty epic IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maybe Next Time
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apreche wrote:

Triotic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apreche wrote:

Dumb luck vs a tight game

We have different definitions of epic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at 18 prestige at the end of the swiss rounds with Kate (Atman) and Personal Evolution (pure kill deck). Lost my first game in top 32. I was in a featured (video) match during round 4 or 5 though.

Competition was fierce the entire way up. Really amazing players and everyone I played was very nice.

I played against 2 Katman, 5 Andromeda, and 1 Gabe. Corp is more fuzzy, but I played against 0 Jinteki and 0 Weyland. I remember a lot of NBN. I played against an amazing Next Design deck too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reese
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BazooKaJoe5 wrote:
I went down too. Was 21st going into the eliminations.

Played a guy from Michigan running Kate & HB who hammered my Corp. Had a short window, bad draw beat, & he did everything perfectly. Won the runner game but it was his game to lose, scored too few points the first game.

A lot of freakin' fun though & mentally exhausting.

Asked Lukas what the turnout was & he said 161.

That would've been me, Joe. What decks did you play / what round were we? Your name sounds really familiar and I took notes of all my match ups, so I'm just trying to tie the game to the name!

Edit: Ah, nevermind. You said going into the elims, so you were definitely my round of 32 match up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Held
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John! Yeah, that was me you knocked out. My Netrunner luck ran out & you were on point.

Was probably the funnest way to go out though, good convo, good player, had a great time.

Favorite quote though was when I was runner, you asking: "Hey, aren't you tagged?"

"You know...yes, yes I am...hah."

Signs of us going senile after a lonnnnnnnng day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was 5th coming out of Swiss, but got knocked out first round of elimination. Managed to get paired against an NBN-Psycho deck as Andy. Got in a few early Siphons, but I should have known to be worried when the corp player asked me how many tags I had (I'd played a lot of NBN that day, as far as I could tell none had been running Psychographics). He managed to pull two Beals and two Psychos in his top 20 cards or so, and that was that. I only managed to snag 4APs, and since my corp deck tends to give up agendas and win close games, it was pretty much over for me.

It was a super fun experience and I had a blast, but honestly I was floored by the number of NBN decks I saw on the field. I had been expecting a lot more Weyland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Weyland was nigh non-existent, although I played one in T32. BWBI is Katman's WORST nightmare.

Keith, in 8 matches, you were the only NBN I faced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I made Top 16. (What's jetlag? ;) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.