Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought this game on a recent trip to Germany and today played our first game. We tried the 2 player variant where only one side of the river is used, and there was quite a lot of interaction and taking advantage of the other player's buildings...

The game was quite short (a bit more than 30 min) because I finished it after getting 12 gold nuggets (now, after reading the FAQ I've learned that there's an error on the game and it's 10 gold markers, not 10 gold nuggets, to be able to end the game).

We both liked the game quite a lot and even though the theme didn't appeal to me that much, it's very well implemented and you really get into it... Getting gold seemed to be quite easy and the game was over fast, but we'll try again with the correct rule for the 10 gold markers game end before removing that rule...

We also loved how the game turns are short and overall the game moves fast. We're eager to try the game again also play a longer game...

Also, with this 2 player variant we were thinking of placing the ice block as soon as the spring is placed on the board, so that the board doesn't get too big for only two prospectors, but we didn't get to test it this time, but it seems reasonable... This 2 player variant doesn't seem to be very defined, so we'll test it with different options to see how it works best for us...

Overall, this seems to be a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.