Subject: Attacking buildings and capitals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the combat phase of your turn, virtually you could use any available worker/military unit to destroy any white buildings on their hexes? As the buildings, except those in your capital aren't to be considered as yours, right? And every unit with a positive combat value would destroy a building. That's probably not a smart move, of course. Better to destroy them as an action. But just to be sure to understand the flow of the game.

The rulebook isn't clear about that... Who choose to apply the casualties at the end of a combat? The one "giving" the casualties, or the one receiving them? And then... When an opponent attacks your capital hex and has casualties to apply on buildings (because there isn't any unit left), can he choose to destroy the tower right away, or has he to destroy the other buildings first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes.

Each player chooses the casualties of the opponent. If there is some casualties more to assign, you can assign them to the buildings there.

For the capital, as there is the tower and it counts as Unit, you have to attack this one.

ciao!
Michele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric JOUIN
msg tools
Can an explorer destroy a building during the combat phase on a hex with no units ?
Same question for a soldier crossing a wall to a hex wno...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wojda
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cedric, I can anwser surely only to the first part.
The rulebook states: 'attacker is able to destroy 1 Construction for each
of his Units with positive Attack Combat value' Since explorer has 0 AV, he can't destroy a building.

When it comes to second part about a soldier. To my understanding, if he has action left he can attack a buildings standing alone - also the wall he has just crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The explorer cannot destroy buildings as he has 0 AV, meanwhile the soldier can, also with a penalty token (but the penalty token remains there until next movement or battle) if it's still standing up at the end of the player turn.

Ciao!
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric JOUIN
msg tools
Thank you, guys !

During my last play, I did it wrong :
In my understanding a penalty token gives a -3 penalty to the attack combat value whatever the combat situation is (unit / no units).
As a consequence, I had to move to an adjacent hex to remove the penalty token and return the next turn to be able to destroy a wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.