6 Posts

Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reveal question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

Units deployed in woods are not revealed. Do all units (both sides) have to reveal when engaged? If not, do they have to reveal when fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
joekong_hk wrote:

Units deployed in woods are not revealed. Do all units (both sides) have to reveal when engaged? If not, do they have to reveal when fire?

Hi Joe,

Although I can't find it in the rules, common sense would say, "Reveal when engaged". The reason I say this is that there IS a specific optional rule where you only reveal when firing or being engaged. Also, in the spirit of the game it would make sense to reveal units that have stumbled across each other in a forest whether they fire or not.

As I said, Joe, this is only the way I play it and it is not official in the sense that I can't find a specific reference to it anywhere.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

Thanks, Jim.

I think that it is a reasonable interpretation about engaged units to reveal themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Dohogne
Belgium
Brussels
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is in the Woods description (6.21):

Quote:
Unengaged blocks may stand upright

So once units are engaged in the woods, they are both revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
zydoz wrote:
The rule is in the Woods description (6.21):

Quote:
Unengaged blocks may stand upright

So once units are engaged in the woods, they are both revealed.

Yves,

You have explained it far better than I could. I couldn't remember where that reference was. thumbsup

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
joekong_hk wrote:

Woods rules say:

Woods: Infantry are normal. Cavalry fight at F1 (no shock) and must stop when they enter woods. Artillery cannot deploy, enter, or fire into woods. Unengaged blocks may stand upright (6.24).

The bold part answers the question. Units are revealed when engaged. That also means that units will be revealed before they fire, since there is no long range fire into Woods. So in order for a unit to fire into Woods, a unit must be engaged.

Edit: Interesting, those earlier posts answering the question did not show up when I wrote my post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.