Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Now don't get me wrong, cause I like playing 'Yedo' but I look at all the districts,
and none of them really give you a solid purpose for playing there.
What I mean is, some areas just allow you to change the order of cards, others by
paying for a Geisha etc..If playing normal worker placement games you get something
solid to use in the game.
I suppose what I am looking for is someone to explain the areas, and to say whether the
districts are supposed to be limited to just gaining one point or rearranging cards.
I look at the board and think......'I cannot see anywhere that will help me achieve my goals'
I need an experienced guide please to sort my thought patterns out, as I want to enjoy this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The back page of the rulebook lists everything that's in the game and how to achieve or spend it, you might want to check that. Also useful in game when you're not sure how to achieve something but don't want to tip your hand by asking someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite often the districts main purpose is your servants being there in order to fulfill a mission (btw from a them standpoint this almost always makes a lot of sense, if you read through the flavor text).

But even if you disregard that, districts offer a lot of great opportunities, more often than not it is somewhat timing sensitive . What I mean by that is: knowing what cards/tiles come up can really help you a lot at a certain point while being almost useless at an other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of uses for the districts depending on your situation other than simply placing a disciple to complete a mission. I think you will find the Harbor district very valuable and extremely competitive, early for taking the money from the church and mid-late game for exchanging 9 mon for 3 VPs. The Palace is also very useful for picking a new mission, especially if you have used an ability in another district to sort the top three, and for snagging first player when you need to lead off the next round. The Temple is where you pick up a needed blessing, especially for protection from harsh events in the Samurai version of the game. You can buy a new disciple in the Gates district, though it is more efficient to gain one in the auction phase. It may be beneficial to purchase a geisha or an action card in the Red Light district, or an annex in the Tavern, though these are situational and also rather inefficient, best won by auction. If you have nothing better to do with one of your disciples, there is always the 1 VP spot in the Palace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.