Subject: A serendipitous storage solution (with images) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I would share the storage solution that I am using for my components of the Collectors Edition of The Witches - which I am hoping will keep the pewter figures safe from (further) harm. (Two got damaged in transit - see this post).

A few months ago, I saw some useful looking boxes in the clearance section at Staples - so I bought some. I hadn't found a use for them but they look the right size for The Witches (a quick check verified that the smaller compartments are the same size as the larger tiles).

Next I needed something to pad those pewter figures. I looked around the house and found some offcuts of a rubber-backed velvety material. I don't have the foggiest idea what it was from originally, but I cut some bits to line the larger compartment and separate the figures. Tiffany and Annagramma go on the bottom, as they are the "flattest" figures (less bits sticking up).

(Yes, these are the broken figures, which is why Annagramma's head looks to be at an odd angle - at this point I am still waiting for the replacements.) The first two dice fit above the figures. I place some bits of the padded material between the figures and on top of them, and then place Dimity and Petulia on top of that.

(Oops - that photo is a tad blurred; oh well, I can't be bothered to unpack everything and retake it, but you get the idea.) Now I separate and cover them with more padding, add the other two dice and work out how to fit the tiles into the compartments. I downloaded the rule books from the Treefrog web site, extracted some images from the components page, and made a label to remind myself which tiles go where.

Finally, another image to label the outside of the box, and put the cards into a euro card storage box - that doesn't need a label since the box is clear plastic and the card backs do the job. (I haven't sleeved the cards because, unlike Ankh-Morpork, they are a nice linen finish - and they wouldn't fit in the box.)

Edit to add: As a bonus, the box is about the same height as the "well" in the game box, which supports the board nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.