Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E1 Prime
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules it states that you can allocate up to 2 citizens. In the FAQ on the last page, it even repeats the fact that you can put these citizens in two separate locations.

So if I activate for example 2 Market locations in one turn, do I have to put down 2 shields or can I only assign one?

If so, this would mean that there is no limit to the amount of shields I can put down in one turn and thus I could use all my shields in one turn to:

- activate 2 Market locations
- level up in the Barracks
- buy a trap at the Workshop
- level up in the Library
- resurrect a hero in the Temple
- make a citizen in the Slave Pit

All because I'm the first player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Llewellyn
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is you first question on the rules with this game you have a long list to follow. This game has the worst set of printed rules ever published and a publisher that is uninterested in correcting the issue or even finnishing shipping the remained of the kickstarts stretch goals over a year after the project was successfully funded.angry

But in answer to your question, (and from what I can gain from the various posts here on BGG) you can send upto 2 citizens or 1 adventurer, if the building is not owned by you you must place one of you shield in each location that has the full amount of workers placed (in the example you have given you would need to place 2 shields).

You would not be able to carry out any other action than placing workers as on your turn you must carry out only one of the following:

Actions Phase
In turn order, each player must perform an action from the following list:
· Acquire a Building
· Send Workers
· Buy Equipment
· Explore
· Open or Close a Private Dungeon
· Trade
· Pass

Hope this help and good luck with the rest of your rules questions which are sure to follow....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knightstalker30 wrote:

But in answer to your question, (and from what I can gain from the various posts here on BGG) you can send upto 2 citizens or 1 adventurer, if the building is not owned by you you must place one of you shield in each location that has the full amount of workers placed (in the example you have given you would need to place 2 shields).

Specifically, I believe the intent is that if you don't use your whole allocation of 1 adventurer or 2 citizens activating the one building you're allowed per turn, you may (but do not have to) place part of the requirements on another building and later on someone (could be you, if nobody else does it before your next go) can place the remaining requirements and claim the building for themselves. IIRC there's at least one building which requires both an adventurer and a citizen... meaning that the requirements for that building must be placed over the course of two separate turns, which may or may not be by the same player, and only the person who completes the requirements gets to place their shield and use the building.

Realistically this means that you're only likely to place the part-requirement if everyone else has run out of shields and wouldn't be able to claim the building anyway.[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the way I read the rules, you cannot place more than one shield a turn. For the buildings that require an adventurer and a citizen, that should take multiple turns to complete, those are for the owner section so nobody is going to beat you to finish it anyway (and you won't have to put down a shield as you already own the building so that is your shield denoting ownership).

Frankly I haven't found the placement of people overly difficult but I have studied the rules quite a bit. To be honest, to use the OP example of placing multiple people on the marketplace, nobody should really be doing that except for the owner of the marketplace since he is the only one getting the money for the goods, not the person who placed the people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.