Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
If somebody were to build a corp deck with more I fewer agenda cards than legally allowed, would it impact the balance, or would it ultimately even out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
It would certainly imbalance things for a flat line - oriented deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would not not ultimately even out. Well, *maybe* in very specific Corp archetypes, it could be mitigated. But I still think the Runner would be at an advantage.

Think of it this way. The Corp uses non-Agenda cards to accelerate its ability to advance Agendas and to protect them from being stolen.

Increasing the agenda mix, then, makes it harder to score the Agendas you draw, while forcing you to draw them more often, too.

And then, the Runner is also more likely to hit them randomly, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Pickles
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I accidentally played a Jinteki deck with 16 points a couple of times in it as I was half way through making it.

It was horrible, massively tipped the balance to me doing damage vs him scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have too few agendas, it makes the game way more swingy. It lets the corp setup a perfect board while the runner has a very low odds of scoring anything. Then the corp scores any agendas they get while the runner absolutely can not get them. But if by some chance the runner does get the agendas early, the corp won't have enough left to win.

If there are too many agendas, the corp may be able to score them all right away before the runner can do anything. But more likely they won't have enough money/ICE/etc. and the runner will just win almost immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fewer is better for corp, more is better for runner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobvias Sudoneighm
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Played a guy once, it was his first time playing Netrunner with his own deck.

Kept hitting R&D with double Medium, 1 card, 3 cards, 5 cards, 7 cards ..

Nothing.

He ices up R&D.

About 45 minutes later, after taking big chunks out of R&D a couple times and finding next to nothing, he wins the game with less than ten cards left in R&D.

I was gobsmacked, and asked to check his deck.

Turns out he was short 8 agenda points in his deck, because he didn't understand there was a minimum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.