Subject: AGoT 2ed PbF #130: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is PBF #108 re-match (meaning players are known), so, all the rules are also known, but will be copy-pasted here.

So, it is time for my second third modding. I shall 'borrow' everything from excellent mod
Anton Chukhnov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
and what he borrowed from others...

--- Stolen goods ---

The following rules are generally stolen from
Jayson C
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and his #42 and reworked a bit. Big thanks for him. General rules are equal to my last game, #104.

This is going to be a 6-player 2-edition (no expansion) game with no Ravens. There will be no Tides of Battle cards. House rules are shown in Appendix II.

GUIDELINES

I. The Basics
1. Normal text for discussions.
2. Politics and Roleplaying are highly encouraged. ITALICIZE all of them.
3. Bold for in-game moves and actions.
4. If possible, don't edit game related stuff (actions, politics), but if you must, highlight that you edited that particular text by leaving the old text striked through. This is to clear up confusion. Someone may read your original post only once, then when you change it, he may not notice what's wrong later.
5. To make things easier, we will address each other by our House names. You may address me as moderator or just as mod.
6. All players will use banners when posting. Place them at the beginning of every post. To make them appear, type in [imageid=XXXXXXXmedium] where XXXXXXX are the following numbers:

--- 1152906 - Stark

--- 1152903 - Greyjoy

--- 1152904 - Lannister

--- 1152902 - Baratheon

--- 1152907 - Tyrell

--- 1152905 - Martell

And i will use this banner for moderatorial text:

For this banners we should give credits for
Pavel Kornilov
Russia
Syktyvkar
flag msg tools
badge
mb

II. What We Play
1. We'll be using the 2nd edition rules and board.
2. The map we will use is created by
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is always in the last place you look
mbmbmbmbmb
who also deserved our thanks. I plan to use standard (non-political) map, but you have a time to change my mind. You can see both maps in the thread Updated PBF map (GIMP) for AGoT 2nd edition.
3. Tides of Battle will not be used.
4. Ravens to other players (PMs) are NOT allowed, thus forcing ALL sort of communication to be posted publicly in the thread. Do not use in your diplomacy anything which is out of the game - you shouldn't exchange Iron Track position for geekgold or a glass of beer. Lying is allowed so lie as much as you want!
5. Westeros Cards will be rolled right here. Wildings Cards will be rolled here when it is possible, otherwise they will be randomed by me in OpenOffice Calc.
6. Houses will be distributed randomly.
7. References:
--- http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agot-bg-2nd-ed...]2nd Edition Rulebook (PDF)
--- http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3054]Official FAQ
--- Official Responses from FFG
Westeros and Wildings Cards info you may see in Appendix II.

III. How We Play
1. Let us all work together and make this game move at a fast pace. Please, check in at least once a day.. I'll try to be a good example for you and update our map daily if needed. I can remove player from the game for breaking this rule too often.
2. If you cannot post in time, you should notify us here or geekmail me. Then there will be no penalty for you.
3. Geekmail me your orders, bids, and house cards. All Geekmails should have a subject as prescribed below. Also, be sure to send an order to ALL your territories WITH units. Don't forget to put a * next to your star orders.
--- Orders:
------ AGoT PBF #107 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - Orders
--- Bid:
------ AGoT PBF #107 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [IT/F/KC/W] Bid: [Bid Amount]
--- House Card:
------ AGoT PBF #107 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [Card Name]
--- Examples:
------ AGoT PBF #107 - Round 1 - Stark - Orders
------ AGoT PBF #107 - Round 2 - Stark - IT Bid: 5
------ AGoT PBF #107 - Round 2 - Stark - Roose Bolton
4. After sending me your orders/bid via geekmail, go to the thread and post that you have done so. This will do a lot to help the game keep moving along.
5. During Combat Phase, we will use the following steps:
--- a. The attacker calculates and posts both his and the defender's combat strength. This includes BOTH their initial strength (combat strength of participating units), order modifier (+2, +1, +0, or -1), and initial support.
--- b. Both attacker and defender then asks for support from other houses. Those who wish to support any side should declare it by posting a message in the thread. If support has been declared, the supporter recomputes and posts both parties' modified combat strength.
--- c. The attacker Geekmails me his chosen house card and informs everyone by posting that he has already sent his house card to the mod.
--- d. The defender Geekmails me his chosen house card AND posts it in the thread.
--- e. The attacker reveals his house card by posting it in the thread.
--- f. The attacker or defender may now decide if he will use his Valyrian Steel Blade token.
--- g. Anyone may now recompute and post the final combat strength of both parties. Combat resolution follows.
--- Notes:
------ Steps (b & f) are optional and may be skipped.
------ In the interest of speeding things up, the attacker may skip Step b and proceed with Step c. In this case, support from other houses can still be declared as long as the defender has not yet geekmailed me his house card (Step d). All support declared after step d will no longer count.
------ In Step g, anyone may resolve the combat without waiting for the mod.
------ Calculation example for copy and paste, modify it according to the current battle:

[Attacker]
Initial Strength = 3 (1 KN, 1 FM)
Order = -1
Support = 0
Card = Send to mod
Total = 2++

[Defender]
Initial Strength = 1 (1 FM)
Order = +1
Support = 1 (1 SH)
Card = ??
Total = 3++

6. Feel free to take your next action if you feel it won't affect what's currently going on. Alternatively, you can send me the action via Geekmail and I'll process it at the appropriate time. Conditional orders are very much welcome.
7. On changing your mind, I will accept updates/changes to orders/battles/bids until I have an order/bid from each person. If the last person I was waiting for already submitted their order, then no orders can be changed.
An action posted into the thread (including OOT action) (march, raid etc.) can be changed until there are no legal action which follows this both in the thread and in game sequence. That means you cannot rely on OOT orders posted in the thread until the proper time.
8. We will use the official 2nd edition rulebook for all rules, except overrided by our house rules. If a question is not answered in the rulebook, we will use Official Responses from FFG. If that still doesn't answer the question, I will make the call.
9. If you see something wrong--either that I did incorrectly or another player--let us know right away! I will do my best to correct any mistakes as fairly as possible.

--- End of stolen goods ---

The most important rule - have fun. The second one, everything written in italics is strictly role-playing and is highly encouraged. Thus, nobody should be personally offended or get mad because of the ravens.
You have been warned! :o))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Appendix I - Cards info

Stolen from AGoT 2ed PBF #36.

House Cards

Westeros Cards

Westeros Deck I
3 x Supply (adjust supply)
3 x Mustering (muster units)
2 x Thrones of Blades* (Iron Throne holder chooses Mustering or Supply or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)
* = Wildlings increase in power

Westeros Deck II
3 x Clash of Kings (bid power tokens on influence tracks)
3 x Game of Thrones (gain power tokens)
2 x Dark Wings, Dark Words* (Messenger Raven holder chooses COK or GOT or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)

Westeros Deck III
3 x Wilding Attack (bid power tokens to fend off Wildling Attack)
1 x Sea of Storms* (no raid orders)
1 x Rains of Autumn* (no +1 march orders)
1 x Feast for Crows* (no consolidate power orders)
1 x Web of Lies* (no support orders)
1 x Storm of Swords* (no defence orders)
2 x Put to the Sword (Valyrian Steel holder chooses ROA or StOSw or none)

Wildings Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Appendix II - House Rules

Wrong order placement

I always check your orders, so I hope, this situation will never occur, but if it happens, i'd rather do so:

1) if a player has more special orders on the map, than (s)he should, extra orders are downgraded (if possible) according to area alphabetical order.

2) extra orders left on the map after step 1) are removed in alphabetical way

3) if after step 2 or by players mistake there are areas without orders, those areas are filled with order in alphavetical orders.
First are placed defence orders, then raids, then support, then march and then CP.

Those rules, as I feel, are ideal to prevent abusing extra special orders by players (not by mod, though). Every wrong order set has strictly one way to be reworked into the correct order set.

Adding order in empty areas I need to prevent abusing again - correct order set must contain orders for all avaible areas. For example, player may try to avoid laying CP order in raidable area or somthing like that.

DWDW: AGoT option

Official responces

Quote:

When collecting Power tokens for point b) of Dark Wings, Dark Words card should we collect tokens for ports with ships just as for Game of Thrones card?

"There are no power icons present on ports. As such, players should not collect power tokens from controlled ports when resolving option B) on the Dark Wings, Dark Words Westeros card."

The logic is that:

- On DWDW card we have nothing written about ports, only about crowns

- In rulebook, p. 25 in "Trade with free cities" we have nothing about DWDW card, only about AGoT.

More people including me dislike this rule, so it will be changed in our game. We gain power tokens from trade with free cities on DWDW gain power option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Appendix III - Invitations.

Invitations list

As said, this is #108 rematch and the players are known.

1. Phagos
2. SeptembreAnge
3. Tuzzo90
4. a8074
5. RadTrooper
6. uncle benjen

My Lords, please check in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My Lords, before we start, some things to decide:

1. would you like to play the same houses like in #108 or you would like to chose houses randomly? If you have any preferences, let me know. Of course, if you like, you can switch houses later.
Please answer with: same or random.

2. if it is your will I do not mind if this would be a game with ravens. Please answer with: yes or no.

3. I used the map like described in the first post. But I do not mind using http://tinyurl.com/NLzoim6FJXwNpzhrsjjg. Although I prefer the first. This on-line map is, without any doubts, excellent, but IMHO it is more convenient to have the map as an image in the thread then external link. I do not mind doing some extra work updating the map. But, whatever you like.
Please answer with: tinyuril or Kelly's map

This set of question is quite common, but to clarify the rules:

4. get power tokens from trade (occupied ports) from DWDW Westeros Card? YES
5. Resolve CP* before other CP? NO
6. Special rule when player does not have enough orders: I (moderator) shall send the raven to all the players lower on the IT track to announce which areas will not have orders. YES

So, to avoid any misunderstandings, please confirm the house rules.
If you need any explanation, do not hesitate to ask. Not now not during the game.

Also, if you think that your questions during the game might reveal your plans, you can ask me by PM.

Sometimes I can not resist and I discuss plans with players (privately, of course), so if you like you can share your secrets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phagos Sylvatica
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmb
Phagos is in. Let's see how we can rethink all.

1. After having so bad time with the Lion I would say RANDOM, but if the other's insist on same, I'll try my best again.

2. I like to see all the messages in thread, so: NO.

3. as I'm not the moderator, for me it is the same.

Thanks, Zoran for launching this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phagos wrote:
Phagos is in. Let's see how we can rethink all.

1. After having so bad time with the Lion I would say RANDOM, but if the other's insist on same, I'll try my best again.

2. I like to see all the messages in thread, so: NO.

3. as I'm not the moderator, for me it is the same.

Thanks, Zoran for launching this!

Thanks for that. I guess that you agree (with default) for last 3 questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phagos Sylvatica
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes. I thought those are not real questions, but clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) For me, I'd think I'd prefer Random. I wouldn't mind playing the Starks again, but I'd also like to try the other houses.

2)I would like to play without Ravens.

3)You are the mod. Please do whatever is easiest for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. Random

2. No ravens

3. Whichever you prefer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Chukhnov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) I think random is the better option. It's good to meet the same players but I don't think it is a good idea to repeat the same game.
Probably I'd like to play Martell as it is the only House I have no active games now.

2) Prefer without ravens.

3) As you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Angioletti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
1) Random assignment to shuffle a bit.

2) No Ravens.

3) Both ok for me.

4-5-6) Ok.

EDIT: Great minds think alike, and post at the same time too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OMG!!! not two but three messages in one minute! It is sign that the Gods favor this war, so to say.

We only wait a8074 to check in. In a few hours I shall roll for the houses. And it would be without ravens.

I will see, maybe I shall try web-map, just to see how it works and you are already used to it.

Edit:
In fact, assuming that a8074 will check-in shortly, I shall do roll for the houses shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for Phagos:

1custom6{iid:1152906;iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152907;iid:1152905} -> ( iid:1152907) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460088. zovlah
  • 1custom6{iid:1152906;iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152907;iid:1152905} =
  • ( iid:1152907) =
  • ( iid:1152907)
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:38 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for RadTropper:

1custom5{iid:1152906;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152907;iid:1152905} -> ( iid:1152906) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460089. zovlah
  • 1custom5{iid:1152906;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152907;iid:1152905} =
  • ( iid:1152906) =
  • ( iid:1152906)
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:40 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for uncle benjen:

1custom4{iid:1152906;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} -> ( iid:1152904) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460091. zovlah
  • 1custom4{iid:1152906;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} =
  • ( iid:1152904) =
  • ( iid:1152904)
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:42 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for SeptembreAnge:

1custom3{iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} -> ( iid:1152902) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460094. zovlah
  • 1custom3{iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} =
  • ( iid:1152902) =
  • ( iid:1152902)
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:43 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for Tuzzo90:

1custom2{iid:1152902;iid:1152905} -> ( iid:1152902) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460095. zovlah
  • 1custom2{iid:1152902;iid:1152905} =
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:44 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OMG, in haste I have made a few copy/paste errors. :o((((

Must do reshuffling. Well, it is better to make mistakes now then later in the game.

My apologies My Lords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for RadTropper:

1custom5{iid:1152906;iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} -> ( iid:1152906) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460098. zovlah
  • 1custom5{iid:1152906;iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} =
  • ( iid:1152906) =
  • ( iid:1152906)
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:50 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for uncle benjen:

1custom4{iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} -> ( iid:1152905) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460099. zovlah
  • 1custom4{iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902;iid:1152905} =
  • ( iid:1152905) =
  • ( iid:1152905)
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:52 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for SeptembreAnge:

1custom3{iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902} -> ( iid:1152903) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460102. zovlah
  • 1custom3{iid:1152903;iid:1152904;iid:1152902} =
  • ( iid:1152903) =
  • ( iid:1152903)
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:54 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for Tuzzo90:

1custom2{iid:1152904;iid:1152902} -> ( iid:1152902) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 460103. zovlah
  • 1custom2{iid:1152904;iid:1152902} =
  • Sat Nov 9, 2013 6:55 pm
Zoran Vlah
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
House for a8074:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Angioletti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ou Baratheon again . Stark want to swap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.