Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfamiliar with this game so not sure of rules.

If I
turn 01 build 'slots'
turn 02 build ' fancy slots'
turn 03 renovate to remove 'slots'
Do I have to remove 'fancy slots' too? since I've removed its prerequisite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you would have to also remove the "Fancy Slots".

The rules for renovation state:

Quote:
After you renovate, your tiles must follow the rules of tile placement

Those rules being that prerequisites must be present, and that a line be traced from one entrance.

So, if you remove your only "Slots" tile, the "Fancy Slots" would have to go as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Humpert
United States
Dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think I would say that the rules indicate that you can't renovate that way. I'm referring to the fact that the rules don't say that you remove offending tiles, but that, as Omar indicates, at the end of the renovation the tiles must follow the rules of placement.

So ultimately, you can't do the renovation if at the end of it you've left a pre-requisite tile off the board. If that were to happen, you would have to go back and undo your renovation and renovate some other way.

Note that while you are renovating, you can pull the pre-requesite tile off the board, so long as you put it back down during the build part of the renovation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Scott's interpretation. You could temporarily break the rules during renovation. But by the time the renovation is complete, the rules have to be obeyed. And removing additional tiles during renovation is not in the rules, so I don't think you can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree. My last sentence should have read, "If you want to remove only your 'Slots' tile, then 'Fancy Slots' would have to go as well." (meaning that both would have to be removed during renovation, unless you plan on simply moving the slots like in Scott's example.)

Now if "Slots" were already one of two tiles you were removing, you'd have to place it back on the board, as you can't take more than two tiles off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.