Popular Tags: [View All]
CHAREYRE SEBASTIEN
France
ARCHAMPS
FRANCE
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

About Trains ans station, when you place the dices, you can place the dices everywhere you want near an other station or other train. But about the other locomotives allready placed, it can be the locomotives you placed on the same turn or il must be the locomotives played on the others previous turns?
We played 3 players and we felt missing something in the rules, becauses the VP points are quickly distributed and the the 3 third goods cards deks haven't finished ... so no one can try to take some golds cards or other else.
So we certainly do something wrong!?
When a player plays his turn, if he has 3 locomotives on his dices, he plays them on a 3 section road and wins alone some victory points and extra power! So there's no interaction ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
They can be placed next to any player's locomotives that are already on the board.

Something I've noticed about this game is that there's a wide variance of what happens depending on dice rolls and on the group. If the group rolls a lot of trains (or rerolls trying to get trains) and scores a lot it will go faster and the goods will not go out as quickly as if players are rolling sets of threes and building. So yeah, a lot of times the game is over before the goods go out.

But you can't do the missions alone usually (or if you see someone leaving dice out you can try to score something they've left in hopes of taking some points away from them and/or disrupting their mission), so leaving other people's trains undisturbed does make the game less interactive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAREYRE SEBASTIEN
France
ARCHAMPS
FRANCE
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your answer.
So, to be sure that I've just well understand the placement rules,you have to place your own locomotive near locomotives already places in others turn but not in my active turn!
For instance, I can't creat in the same turn a 3 section road by myself because I can place only a locomotive near the two stations but I can't place the last locomotive in the middle of these two first.
That is correct?
Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flanagan2002 wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
So, to be sure that I've just well understand the placement rules,you have to place your own locomotive near locomotives already places in others turn but not in my active turn!
For instance, I can't creat in the same turn a 3 section road by myself because I can place only a locomotive near the two stations but I can't place the last locomotive in the middle of these two first.
That is correct?
Thanks again

The way to think about it is you MUST place a train next to a city or another train. So to use your example, you could possibly create a three section road by yourself as long as you place the trains starting from the city and working across the board.

Using your example, you would not be able to place your first train in the middle because it is not next to a previously placed train and not next to a city.

Hope that helps..now if somebody would answer my question about "strikes"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.