Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » General

Subject: Any update on the radioactive red nemesis boards and LiTD rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Queen said all the stretch goals would be in this shipment. Yet, we disn't get the Radioactive Red Nemisis boards. Has there been anyword on whether we are going to get these or was there a change to gameplay that they are not needed?

Also, there was some conflicting comments from Nikki on whether there should be rules for the LitD expansion or not. I'm thinking not, because if tehre was, why not post a quick PDF file to get people up and running?

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be really disappointed, if they do not come with some rules AND Tokens for the LitD "Expansion".

This was the main reason I've chosen this instead of METRO. And on the Kickstarter-Page it was clearly written.

But it's strange that there's no sign form Queen Games or David about this issue.

Don't get me wrong: I really love this game and I'm pretty happy how the Kickstarter Campagin turned around. But if the LitD is only a "Bag o'Zombies" (I already have some from "ZOMBIES").... I would feel "cheated".

About the red Nemesis Boards... I believe I've read somewhere, they would be shipped with the addons.... don't know what they do if you have no addons ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, they messed up with the boards and gave us the nemeses figures for it in the first shipment but no rules or boards for them. They'll come in the second shipment.

As for the LitD expansion they just fucked us over, plain and simple. They lied when they said it was an expansion. It's just alternate figures. David tried a pathetic cover story about how the alternate zombie rules are what you should use for them and that's what makes them an expansion but what really happened is they screwed up, listed it incorrectly (and no one ever seemed to notice) and aren't going to fix their error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LitD expansion
So anyone feel capable of creating rules for the cockup of an expansion of figures only, no boards, and no rules or tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My idea was simply to have the LiTD zombies activate regardless of where the triggering tile is, similar to the way creatures do. Not sure how they'd come into play, maybe when placing a zombie token, on a certain die roll you could instead place LiTD zombies.

For the record I ordered Metro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Nikki about the rules for the LitD expansion, and I just got the response that "official word is coming for all DDD questions." Rather cryptic, but it could mean that they're working on something, and it could mean that a response will be coming soon. Or it could mean that Nikki just has an auto response for all questions like these.
-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:
I emailed Nikki about the rules for the LitD expansion, and I just got the response that "official word is coming for all DDD questions." Rather cryptic, but it could mean that they're working on something, and it could mean that a response will be coming soon. Or it could mean that Nikki just has an auto response for all questions like these.
-ryanjamal

I would say that likely means an update is coming which will state how/what they will resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard E. Markhardt
United States
Sandwich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:

I would say that likely means an update is coming which will state how/what they will resolve.

Well, I'm certainly not expecting much. I anticipate getting no LiTD rules as of now. If they actually release somw, I'll be surprised.

I expect very little mainly because of the way Queen Games has handled this game. I'm still waiting to get mailed some figures that my base game was missing. After waiting a month to hear a response from Queen Games, I finally got an email saying that they'll send me some figures when they've sorted out shipping the games. I guess it's too much work for them to throw a handful of figures in an envelope and mail them to me.

Either way, I think this is the last Queen Game investment I'll be making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zerosatanmine wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:

Well, I'm certainly not expecting much. I anticipate getting no LiTD rules as of now. If they actually release somw, I'll be surprised.

I expect very little mainly because of the way Queen Games has handled this game. I'm still waiting to get mailed some figures that my base game was missing. After waiting a month to hear a response from Queen Games, I finally got an email saying that they'll send me some figures when they've sorted out shipping the games. I guess it's too much work for them to throw a handful of figures in an envelope and mail them to me.

Either way, I think this is the last Queen Game investment I'll be making.

I understand the disappointment, but they did release the game on time and had a quick turn around compared to many other KS'. The only way to have avoided these issues seems to be if they delayed shipping for another month or two and focused on quality control.

So we could either play the basic game now and wait for the missing parts later or get everything at once but wait longer for it.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.