Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kaufman
United States
Rosemead
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) For a pitched battle, would the Roman's get the following die roll modifiers for having a leader and the defenders having none? +3 for defender having no leader AND + 1 for the attacker having more leaders than the defender.

2) If I'm reading the garrison rules right, if the Bigerriones take cover in Oppidum Sotiates, how can the Roman's defeat them in a siege? The Gallic player gets +1 for the Oppidum and +5 for the number of units, while the Romans only have 3 non-cavalry units and one leader, giving a -2 differential between besieger and besieged. On that column, the besieged can only lose a unit if a one is rolled. On a one roll, the besieger loses a unit as well. This makes it impossible for the besieger to defeat the Gallic player. Is there some way to stop him from garrisoning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kaufman
United States
Rosemead
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to close the loop on this one. I followed up with game designer Frédéric Bey and he said "no" to my first question. For the second question, the Gallic units cannot move into the oppidum without their leader, so they are only able to stick around and fight or try to avoid battle. If they successfully avoid battle they can't go into the oppidum because it has a value of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.