Subject: What Extended/Optional/Variant rules you use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Englund
Finland
Mäntsälä
flag msg tools
mbmb
The extended rules of Soccero recommends to try the rules one by one.

And in the end of the extended rules there's couple of optional rules.
I also made some rule variants and some of you have played with them also.

I am just wondering what kind of ruleset do you use? Do you play with all the extended rules? Do you use the optional rules? If so, all of them or just some? And have you taken some of my variants to your ruleset?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dexter
msg tools
I play with all the extended rules and optional rules. I tried both of the optional extra kick rules, but use only the one where opponents do not prevent the kick.

I also tried your variants and always use them except the extra kick variant. Headers get used a bit with the variant, with normal rules they are quite useless. And as I wrote before, we used to move three players during the free moves even before your variant. Also the crossing seems to work ok with the special die rules from the extended rule, but we cross so rarely that we sometimes forget the option to do so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Williams
Scotland
flag msg tools
I play with the extended rules, of course. I really wonder why the optional rules are optional, they actually improve the game and I play with them, of course. The question "What extended rules you use" seems a bit weird. Is there a reason not to use a rule?
I have tested the extra kick rule with all the possible options. If one player prevents the kick, it slows the game down too much, so I had to choose from the option that the extra kick is always allowed, or that two adjacent opponents prevent the kick (as in Soccero Rules Variant). I actually prefer the last option, it gives some options to the defender without jamming the game.
I really liked the rules variant also. As it has been commented, Soccero really gives a good platform of inventing and applying some house rules. I have also tried some of my own ideas, but nothing spectacular yet...

Oh, what variant rules do I use. Actually I use all of them also. I made my own special kick die and I like the fact of separate dice for normal kicks and kicks in special situations. It is fun to try new rules and I hope I get my idea working, I'll post it then...

It's a shame there is those Spanish variants (Yo no hablo español) in the Files section, I do not want to Google translate them... Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dexter
msg tools
Titon wrote:
I play with all the extended rules and optional rules. I tried both of the optional extra kick rules, but use only the one where opponents do not prevent the kick.

I also tried your variants and always use them except the extra kick variant. Headers get used a bit with the variant, with normal rules they are quite useless. And as I wrote before, we used to move three players during the free moves even before your variant. Also the crossing seems to work ok with the special die rules from the extended rule, but we cross so rarely that we sometimes forget the option to do so...

Reading that afterwards was quite confusing. I meant that I tried the both extra kick options in optional rules. And after that I used only the one where the opponents do not prevent the kick.

And... When I play Soccero with new players I usually play with that extra kick rule. But with the group I am playing more regurally we often use the rule where two players prevent the kick. I wonder why I wrote like that above...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Lopez
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played just a few times but haven't seen an issue about shots being taken from midfield, but it sounds like the goalie save variant is a good idea.

I saw this game as a great player placement strategy game, trying to optimize positions for a steal if defending, and if on offense, trying to pass the ball to a teammate with an exact roll for that free extra kick.

This is where I thought it might be interesting to use additional dice, signifying the power or lack of that a player put into the kick. For example, maybe use a d4, or d8 if I choose to pass it to another player nearby in hopes of an extra kick.

Also, it seems I'm late to these boards, did anybody still need those Spanish files translated? That star player looks interesting, I might try it out and can provide some kind of native English translation if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.