Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I've seen the pictures here on changes to the counters for Ghost Panzer; I know you can use the Screaming Eagles counters with the Ghost Panzer rules with a little extra math, but instead I was thinking of printing a sheet of stickers to put on my counters (or maybe making replacement counters, although they may be distinguishable from decoys). Is there already a file or image which I could use for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be coming. I have put the request in and I am very much looking forward to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And didn't I see mention of replacement counters in one of the upcoming expansions? Not that I want to wait that long.

If WG will publish a correct size image we can print on sticky paper, could they also sell 7/8th blank counters to put it on? And...if so.. how much more would it be to just publish the counters?

NOT complaining! I've got two copies of SE and have had my money's worth already, even if I had to ditch everything save the maps. But I think this series has legs and GP will encourage more people to try it, people who may be able to find a used copy of SE and are going to want to play with the new counters.

Or heck, just reprint SE as a 2nd edition with new counters, rules and charts and I'll happily pay $45. But do it soon, build momentum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
My hope is to post the files for replacement counters for people who want them now and then include replacement counters in the next expansion. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy an expansion that just had corrected counters, and an updated rulebook and player aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
for people who want them now

"Now" is good, ha ha; I'm hoping to update my counters one way or another in the next week (before BGG.CON). Whether printed replacement counters are included in a future game, or eventually available for purchase separately, either way is fine with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever replacement counter appear, I'll get them into the Vassal module. Someone ping me when they become available in case I miss the announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
williamj35 wrote:
I would buy an expansion that just had corrected counters, and an updated rulebook and player aid.

I second that. I would gladly pay for such an expansion. Heck I would pay just for the counters and print the other stuff out myself if need be.

Sincerely

A big fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Jim Krohn wrote:
for people who want them now

"Now" is good, ha ha; I'm hoping to update my counters one way or another in the next week (before BGG.CON).

There are now 48 hours remaining until I find out whether BoB will fit in my suitcase for BGG.CON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
williamj35 wrote:
But fortunately it will be a new expansion plus SE replacement counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that in whatever form we will see the published replacement counters they will include the new sustained fire/flanking fire and Unconfirmed Kill markers so you can play BoB:SE with the new rules without having to borrow markers from another game in the series.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. I am guessing that if WG produce counters, they will want to properly update all their current inventory of unsold Screaming Eagles and that would mean including all counter types. The GP counter sheet is a stand alone sheet, so one imagines that it would have been 'relatively cheap' just to have a whole bunch more of them printed off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.