Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: 2 players only ?????? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously ?

2 players ?

It's made on the Quarriors system....so....why ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sierra
msg tools
Warpig72 wrote:
Seriously ?

2 players ?

It's made on the Quarriors system....so....why ?


They are targetting it at the CCG crowd, and most CCGs are 2-player only

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that sucks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Mailloux
Canada
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That way, they'll release an expension later too add player
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This article says "2+" players, for what it's worth.

http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/Articles.aspx?ID=536A
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
This article says "2+" players, for what it's worth.

http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/Articles.aspx?ID=536A


I can't imagine why you wouldn't be ably to play it with more than two players anyway. It seems so similar to quarriors that it's almost impossible not to have a multiple player option (or it should be very easy to incorporate those rules from quarriors anway).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sierra
msg tools
It'll probably be like LOTR LCG, that you just buy a second starter set to increase to 4 players.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm already brainstorming co-op options for this game with all the players VS a mastermind.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erewego wrote:

They are targetting it at the CCG crowd


no no No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I am not buying dice booster packs! angrygulpyuk
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
erewego wrote:

They are targetting it at the CCG crowd


no no No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I am not buying dice booster packs! angrygulpyuk


Then obviously this is not the game for you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BorisjeNL wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
erewego wrote:

They are targetting it at the CCG crowd


no no No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I am not buying dice booster packs! angrygulpyuk


Then obviously this is not the game for you


Yeah I know, it's just sad because I enjoy the Marvel AND Quarriors. Shame this aspect will make it not happen for me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
BorisjeNL wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
erewego wrote:

They are targetting it at the CCG crowd


no no No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I am not buying dice booster packs! angrygulpyuk


Then obviously this is not the game for you


Yeah I know, it's just sad because I enjoy the Marvel AND Quarriors. Shame this aspect will make it not happen for me.


Just buy cards/dice on the secondary market and pretend it's not collectible?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
BorisjeNL wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
erewego wrote:

They are targetting it at the CCG crowd


no no No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I am not buying dice booster packs! angrygulpyuk


Then obviously this is not the game for you


Yeah I know, it's just sad because I enjoy the Marvel AND Quarriors. Shame this aspect will make it not happen for me.


If you and your friends are gonna play with your copy just buy the base set and pretend it's not collectible

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Praxus wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
BorisjeNL wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
erewego wrote:

They are targetting it at the CCG crowd


no no No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I am not buying dice booster packs! angrygulpyuk


Then obviously this is not the game for you


Yeah I know, it's just sad because I enjoy the Marvel AND Quarriors. Shame this aspect will make it not happen for me.


Just buy cards/dice on the secondary market and pretend it's not collectible?

There is also that. Come to think of it, almost any game with expansions is collectible. Dominion, anyone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:

There is also that. Come to think of it, almost any game with expansions is collectible. Dominion, anyone?


I have to disagree. A CCG has booster packs with components that have a rarity. If I want all of Dominion, I know exactly what I have to buy. If I want every Magic the Gathering card...uhg. That's why LCGs are so popular right now. They have "boosters" that are basically just mini expansions. If you buy one of each you will own every card in the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have rarities been confirmed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BorisjeNL wrote:
Have rarities been confirmed?


I don't see how you can call it a CCG and not have rarities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Monsterpocalypse had an even distribution method and was still considered collectible. It's not unheard of.

That said, I expect there to be different rarities in this game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:

There is also that. Come to think of it, almost any game with expansions is collectible. Dominion, anyone?


I have to disagree. A CCG has booster packs with components that have a rarity. If I want all of Dominion, I know exactly what I have to buy. If I want every Magic the Gathering card...uhg. That's why LCGs are so popular right now. They have "boosters" that are basically just mini expansions. If you buy one of each you will own every card in the game.


Yes, but you have to collect all the expansions to have the "complete" game, so in a sense, it's collectible

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
BorisjeNL wrote:
Have rarities been confirmed?


I don't see how you can call it a CCG and not have rarities.


Two things:

One, who's calling it a CCG? CDG would be more accurate and I haven't seen that title on anything official either

Two, I expect rarities, almost without a doubt, was just looking for an official confirmation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:

There is also that. Come to think of it, almost any game with expansions is collectible. Dominion, anyone?


I have to disagree. A CCG has booster packs with components that have a rarity. If I want all of Dominion, I know exactly what I have to buy. If I want every Magic the Gathering card...uhg. That's why LCGs are so popular right now. They have "boosters" that are basically just mini expansions. If you buy one of each you will own every card in the game.


Yes, but you have to collect all the expansions to have the "complete" game, so in a sense, it's collectible



The point of a CCG is that collecting is "part of the game". Not so much in Dominion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've yet to see anything on the cards that have been shown so far that would indicate a rarity.

1) Could be there will still be different rarities, and it won't be reflected on the cards.

2) Could be the cards that have been shown so far are concept and just don't have a rarity indicator.

3) Could be I haven't be observant enough to see it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:

There is also that. Come to think of it, almost any game with expansions is collectible. Dominion, anyone?


I have to disagree. A CCG has booster packs with components that have a rarity. If I want all of Dominion, I know exactly what I have to buy. If I want every Magic the Gathering card...uhg. That's why LCGs are so popular right now. They have "boosters" that are basically just mini expansions. If you buy one of each you will own every card in the game.


Yes, but you have to collect all the expansions to have the "complete" game, so in a sense, it's collectible



The point of a CCG is that collecting is "part of the game". Not so much in Dominion.


Ok
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
I've yet to see anything on the cards that have been shown so far that would indicate a rarity.

1) Could be there will still be different rarities, and it won't be reflected on the cards.

2) Could be the cards that have been shown so far are concept and just don't have a rarity indicator.

3) Could be I haven't be observant enough to see it.


I think all the cards we've seen so far are from the starter pack, it could be that only the booster packs get a rarity on them of course.
That being said, since there's a HYDRA logo on Magneto I'm sure hoping these are still in concept phase...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BorisjeNL wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
I've yet to see anything on the cards that have been shown so far that would indicate a rarity.

1) Could be there will still be different rarities, and it won't be reflected on the cards.

2) Could be the cards that have been shown so far are concept and just don't have a rarity indicator.

3) Could be I haven't be observant enough to see it.


I think all the cards we've seen so far are from the starter pack, it could be that only the booster packs get a rarity on them of course.
That being said, since there's a HYDRA logo on Magneto I'm sure hoping these are still in concept phase...


I watched that youtube video someone mentioned somewhere on this board and he mentioned that there was a "Villain" affiliation. I'm guessing they're using the Hydra logo for this affiliateion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.